Vacuum Sealers

Nesco V12. Now on 2nd year. simple, and reliable. About $115 on Amazon. Will do wet, dry, or double seal. I would buy again, after two mediocre Food Savers.
It will do moist, not wet. Wet would be like soups, stews, chili. I think you can only do wet with a chamber sealer. I don't think this would work well for that. I've always had good luck with Nesco products though.

Nesco V12. Now on 2nd year. simple, and reliable. About $115 on Amazon. Will do wet, dry, or double seal. I would buy again, after two mediocre Food Savers.
Any special bags?

There are a couple of old vacuum sealer related threads out here, but none specific for what I'm looking for.

I have never used a vacuum sealer before, but see how the RT people here are always referring to it. There is such a huge range in price, size, etc.
Can anyone speak to a smaller, less expensive model that they would recommend?

See below link for one that gets great reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B87SY6JW?tag=track-ect-usa-554612-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1
I have the weston pro 2300. I love it. Had it about 18 months. No problems. Used to have a food saver but it was too small.

Bumping this old ass thread… any opinions changed? Seen any killer deals? I’m smoking a lot of meat today, and I think it’s time I invest in a sealer so that I don’t have to give my leftovers away all the time ..

Bumping this old ass thread… any opinions changed? Seen any killer deals? I’m smoking a lot of meat today, and I think it’s time I invest in a sealer so that I don’t have to give my leftovers away all the time ..
Still loving my inexpensive FoodSaver vac. I get tempted by some of the chamber vacs from time to time, but they are so big and (can be) so expensive. The FoodSaver sits in a kitchen cabinet, performs perfectly, and is so convenient to use. As example, I keep grains, beans, etc. in Ball jars, and I vac seal the lid after every use. My freezer is overfilled with meats because the FS makes it so easy to buy in bulk. Plus, can’t beat a vac sealer for sous vide.

Still loving my inexpensive FoodSaver vac. I get tempted by some of the chamber vacs from time to time, but they are so big and (can be) so expensive. The FoodSaver sits in a kitchen cabinet, performs perfectly, and is so convenient to use. As example, I keep grains, beans, etc. in Ball jars, and I vac seal the lid after every use. My freezer is overfilled with meats because the FS makes it so easy to buy in bulk. Plus, can’t beat a vac sealer for sous vide.
Check this out…

ADVENOR Vacuum Sealer Machine with Cutter Widened Double Sealing Strips and Bag Storage, 85Kpa Dry Moist Food Modes Upgraded Locking Design Includes 2 Bag Rolls 8.6"x16'and 11"x16' https://a.co/d/bEP92TO

Check this out…

ADVENOR Vacuum Sealer Machine with Cutter Widened Double Sealing Strips and Bag Storage, 85Kpa Dry Moist Food Modes Upgraded Locking Design Includes 2 Bag Rolls 8.6"x16'and 11"x16' https://a.co/d/bEP92TO
It has all the features you need. The option to double seal is nice-I make a second seal with my FS if I’m going to sous vide. The only question mark I would have is the container sealer attachment unique to this brand? Ball jar compatibility is nice because it doesn’t lock you in.

It has all the features you need. The option to double seal is nice-I make a second seal with my FS if I’m going to sous vide. The only question mark I would have is the container sealer attachment unique to this brand? Ball jar compatibility is nice because it doesn’t lock you in.
Purely looking at this for meat leftovers .. I can have that one by tomorrow evening, or go get a FS today for a little more money lol..

I’m in the process of researching mid-sized upright freezers (10-12 cu ft) right now. Need one that is “garage ready.” Any thoughts?

Let me start by complementing you on doing the homework and searching for threads before you asked the question. Resurrecting an old thread keeps forums like this better organized.

I have owned several FSs over the years. They are good for what they do but I sometimes wished it pulled a tighter vaccum like the units used when I go fishing in Alaska and get everything packed for shipping. As such, I am looking at this unit for my next solution:
Weston Brands Vacuum Sealer Machine for Food Preservation & Sous Vide, Extra-Wide Bar, Sealing Bags up to 16", 935 Watts, Commercial Grade Pro 2300 Stainless Steel https://a.co/d/3yzCxlo

You can search for it on Amazon as they have a great selection.

ProTip: If you contact the manufacturer and order, they will throw in an additional 1 year extended warranty for free. Unfortunately, they will never beat a Costco product assurance guarantee.

I’m in the process of researching mid-sized upright freezers (10-12 cu ft) right now. Need one that is “garage ready.” Any thoughts?
I’ve owned the same upright freezer about the size you are looking at for 30 years now. No frills, no interior light, no auto-defrost, nothing at all special about it, other than it works. I need to manually defrost it annually, but that’s fine with me. Don’t know if they are even made these days, but Westinghouse is the brand. One of the cheapest, and best, investments I’ve ever made.

I’ve owned the same upright freezer about the size you are looking at for 30 years now. No frills, no interior light, no auto-defrost, nothing at all special about it, other than it works. I need to manually defrost it annually, but that’s fine with me. Don’t know if they are even made these days, but Westinghouse is the brand. One of the cheapest, and best, investments I’ve ever made.
GJ,
You have one from an era that no longer exists. I’d wonder if the motor and other key parts were made by GE. Those units have/had industrial level duty cycle numbers and just keep on ticking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back