Recommendations on vacuum seal bags/rolls

Well you might look at VacMaster... Chamber sealer cost high, bags cheap, Had mine for 10+ years and works great.. Mine is a VP215..

So I have been using generic vacuum seal bags for years and it seems regardless what brand or where I purchase them I always have some issues with imperfect rolls and end up with leaks.

I have been buying the bulk type from Amazon or e-Bay in the 11 X 50 types where you get 2 rolls for like $20. Prices are usually very reasonable vs. purchasing the Foodsaver brand but I am at a point where some times it is more important to have quality over price here.

So before I go making a purchase on the brand name, has anyone felt they have come across a quality equivalent or even better? It is not about the $ actually it is more about quantity. I use a lot so the 50' rolls really help.
I have been buying my vacuum bags from avidarmor.com they are pre cut and come in many different sizes. They run some great sales too. They always have free shipping on every order.

I’ve been using the Simple Houseware brand from Amazon ever since the free roll that came with my food saver ran out. The 11”x50’ 2-pack is $18. Never had an issue sealing.

We have had our Foodsaver for 5 plus years now with no issues! We buy the FS bags at Samsclub and have never had an issue with leakage! Probably just jinxed myself by saying never! LOL

The creases are interesting, i have never seen or had that happen. To me it looks like they were shipped in bulk and something heavy was placed on top. If that is an issue and you are getting from amazon i would simply inspect and send back if necessary. If the retailer has to deal with it enough they will do something about it.

The creases are interesting, i have never seen or had that happen. To me it looks like they were shipped in bulk and something heavy was placed on top. If that is an issue and you are getting from amazon i would simply inspect and send back if necessary. If the retailer has to deal with it enough they will do something about it.

Yeah... took me a bit to figure out what was happening but now I know what to look for. If I had known sooner I would have just sent them back after receiving.

cool, thanks you very much

I tried the Out of Air brand and like the white label feature and the heavy/thicker bag. But, I have had more issues with these bags keeping a seal than the thinner generic ones. Any little imperfection and they don't hold such as a tiny crease. I think the thickness plays a part in it. Although it is good to have something thicker it also seems to inhibit a good seal. At least that is what I'm experiencing.

I'm back to the generic thinner bags for now and still open to a good reasonable solution that doesn't cost an arm & leg. I do a lot of bulk purchases and a lot of sealing.

I use the bulk foodsaver brand roll as I find them to be consistent and work very well, also buy mylar sealable bags and drop some de-oxidizers in for long time bulk storage of grains/beans/sugar/salt........I'm a prepper and have a big feeling many are gonna be in big trouble soon in terms of gluttonous eating.

I tried the Out of Air brand and like the white label feature and the heavy/thicker bag. But, I have had more issues with these bags keeping a seal than the thinner generic ones. Any little imperfection and they don't hold such as a tiny crease. I think the thickness plays a part in it. Although it is good to have something thicker it also seems to inhibit a good seal.
I have been using their 11”x25’ rolls for three years now. I have never had any problem with keeping a seal and I love the price over the food saver bags.

I have been using their 11”x25’ rolls for three years now. I have never had any problem with keeping a seal and I love the price over the food saver bags.

Thats awesome.. wish I could say the same sadly.

Thats awesome.. wish I could say the same sadly.
Have you considered the possibility that your sealer may have a problem making a good seal? Our FoodSaver unit is at least 10 years old and we use it often. We’ve never had a failed seal using both FoodSaver bags and generic ones from Amazon. Our preference is the genuine FoodSaver bags that we get at Costco. YMMV

Have you considered the possibility that your sealer may have a problem making a good seal? Our FoodSaver unit is at least 10 years old and we use it often. We’ve never had a failed seal using both FoodSaver bags and generic ones from Amazon. Our preference is the genuine FoodSaver bags that we get at Costco. YMMV

Of course but for a few factors, I do not see that as the primary issue.

There is a visual area where you can see imperfections in bags as I mentioned like creases from poor manufacturing. This is typically where I have issues. This has always been an issue with a few of the foodsaver units I have owned over the years so it’s not just with one specific unit.

I assume if I had a commercial ultra heavy duty unit it would melt away the imperfections and make them mute.

I don’t recall ever having issues with the foodsaver brand bags so leads me to suspect the quality issues with generic and other brands.

It’s not like the problem is present on every seal, just when it comes to the quality issues in certain sections of the bags.

Not really looking to purchase another foodsaver sealer to have the same effects. It really is not that big of a issue and is rare.

I just wanted to point out the issues I found with generics and the out of air brand. They are not 100% in my experience so just offering that. Others may have different experiences which is all good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back