Recommendations on vacuum seal bags/rolls

sdynak

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I have been using generic vacuum seal bags for years and it seems regardless what brand or where I purchase them I always have some issues with imperfect rolls and end up with leaks.

I have been buying the bulk type from Amazon or e-Bay in the 11 X 50 types where you get 2 rolls for like $20. Prices are usually very reasonable vs. purchasing the Foodsaver brand but I am at a point where some times it is more important to have quality over price here.

So before I go making a purchase on the brand name, has anyone felt they have come across a quality equivalent or even better? It is not about the $ actually it is more about quantity. I use a lot so the 50' rolls really help.

I use the ones from Amazon as well and so far I have not had any issues with the bags. I will be interested in any others suggestions.

I made a decision once........

LOL.. I am seriously hung here 🤪

I make decisions all day for work but when it comes to personal things I lock up.

I think I might just start with the 2 X 11 rolls and see how it goes. I got the Foodsaver that auto seals one end once you lock it. Love that feature.. makes creating custom sizes a breeze.

Amazon has them also but the 4 roll pack is couple of $ more where the 2 roll pack is the same.

Ok.. done. 2 x 11" x 25' from Amazon. Need to try something different.

I've been using these Out of Air bags for a few years now in a FoodSaver FM5460 with no issues, only complaint is sometimes there sold out thus why I buy in bulk.

Good to know.. I like the bulk ability over the limitations of FoodSaver. One of those things I know I'm going to use so I'm good with bulk.

Next order will stock up for sure. I still have some of the other stuff I will use up. When I freeze things I usually don't have a problem. It's when I use in the fridge it seems the seals don't hold up. I guess it is not noticeable when frozen as much until it thaws.

And I really like they have a writing area.. that is a huge bonus. I always try to label anything I might question.

I've been using these Out of Air bags for a few years now in a FoodSaver FM5460 with no issues, only complaint is sometimes there sold out thus why I buy in bulk.
Thanks for the recommendation, just placed an order for my foodsaver.

I have yet to buy a vacuum seal but when I was looking I too thought about a FoodSaver, however a good friend of mine told me he's had two of their higher end models and they only lasted about 2 years or so and the bags tended to leak after some time as well.

His suggestion was the Weston Pro 2300, it's a commercial grade vacuum sealer and for now much more money really.

I too use the ones on amazon, have used several different ones and only a few times have had leak issues. The one thing all had in common was a sharp point i didnt know or realize was there when i sealed it. Coffee beans are notorious for this and you dont realize it till you really get the air out. Other than that no issues, if there are no bones of any kind, never a problem.

Have you determined if the leak is mid bag or potentially on the seal?

i used foodsaver bags and rolls with almost never an issue. when they leak its usually the very wet messy bag contents that messes up the first seal.

I too use the ones on amazon, have used several different ones and only a few times have had leak issues. The one thing all had in common was a sharp point i didnt know or realize was there when i sealed it. Coffee beans are notorious for this and you dont realize it till you really get the air out. Other than that no issues, if there are no bones of any kind, never a problem.

Have you determined if the leak is mid bag or potentially on the seal?

My issue is where the roll tends to get creases from the way it was put on the roll. Looks like lines through the bags. If I try to seal an area like that it is almost a certain fail.

5EF0B703-0F31-4AA2-9B66-1904ABD204FE.jpeg

Attachments

• A1B24EAE-E6A0-4968-8020-FED7F69C3B13.jpeg
    A1B24EAE-E6A0-4968-8020-FED7F69C3B13.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 66
  • 903648E7-DC40-4B20-B873-DC2FD5E85943.jpeg
    903648E7-DC40-4B20-B873-DC2FD5E85943.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 87

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back