Show us what you're cooking...

On the spur of the moment, I pulled a couple of pork tenderloins out of the freezer last evening and let them defrost overnight. Early this morning, I put together a marinade and let the tenderloins soak for about 5 hours.

Put them on the RT-340 at 180F around 2:30 pm to get some smoke. After an hour, I raised the temperature to 225F and they finished just before 5 pm. I pulled them at 140F internal temp and they are finishing their rest right now.

IMG_2247.jpeg

This was at one hour when I turned them around to even up the cook.

IMG_2251.jpeg

And, what they looked like when I pulled them.

Nothing fancy. Made some pizza dough earlier today. Should have started it yesterday, but when the lady hinted this morning that pizzas on the grill sounded good I had to shoot from the hip. She likes to do a stuffed crust, and I haven’t quite figured out the trick to get it fully melted without burning the crust. That being said, I got a little closer to that today and we were both happy with overall result.

20ADC414-3688-4713-9DFC-10164F0DE5B7.jpeg

E438A3A1-E2F5-4690-8484-E202C9C36A14.jpeg

Pork belly burnt ends. Oh my, so tender and flavorful. A bit rich and I probably will be eating on these for a few days, a little at a time. Already planning to fry up a couple or three of these for breakfast with some eggs and tomatoes.

burnt ends.jpg
burnt ends2.jpg
burnt ends3.jpg

Smoked cauliflower halves for 1 hour @250 (and made orecciette pasta with it).

Then, cranked up the heat to 450 for sausage, peppers (jalapenos and orange bell) and onions.

All came out stellar other than not enough sizzle on the onions. Guess I'll start them earlier next time.

IMG_20230627_190550.jpg
IMG_20230627_190956.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back