Show us what you're cooking...

Bologna burnt ends ... I'll surely need to increase my Lipitor if I keep eating like this.
I’ve never been a big fan of bologna, as that was something we ate a lot for the evening meal when still out working on the farm. I will say, for those of you in central Ohio, the G&R Tavern in Waldo, OH makes a bologna sandwich to die for! It was a popular destination for me and my biker buddies on the weekends when I lived in Columbus, OH. Good food, cold beer!

I’ve never been a big fan of bologna, as that was something we ate a lot for the evening meal when still out working on the farm. I will say, for those of you in central Ohio, the G&R Tavern in Waldo, OH makes a bologna sandwich to die for! It was a popular destination for me and my biker buddies on the weekends when I lived in Columbus, OH. Good food, cold beer!
I love biker bars uh uh places bikers go. I mean, oh well you get it. Not like Wild Hogs 😀

I'm doing somewhat thin cut bone-in pork chops tonight. Going to be a game of finesse LOL

You just probably didn't have it prepared properly, how about one of these fine dishes?

That's almost like the menu from the classic 1970 Monty Python "Spam" skit.

IMG_8018.jpeg

Found this rub on the internet.

Summer spice dry rub.

3 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp powdered ginger
1 tbsp chipotle powder
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp ground oregano
1 tbsp ground thyme
1 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp dry mustard powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
3 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cinnamon

45 minutes at 350 plus 15 with your choice of sauce.

Inspired by this video:
Not a big bologna guy, but this looks pretty intriguing. I'll have to give it a try.

Yes, yes it will. If it's not too late, consider brining first.
Came out stellar.

Sprinkled a light coating of Penzey's English Prime Rib Rub on one side ~30 mins in advance. Cooked at 350 for maybe 20 minutes to 135F. Rested covered for 10 or so and served them up.

Came out stellar.

Sprinkled a light coating of Penzey's English Prime Rib Rub on one side ~30 mins in advance. Cooked at 350 for maybe 20 minutes to 135F. Rested covered for 10 or so and served them up.
So do you eat it rub side up or rub side down? (yes, i get they were thin and you don't want to over season)

I’ve made beef Wellington in an oven before but I decided to make it using the 590 for Mother’s Day. I’ll post pictures.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back