Show us what you're cooking...

A couple of racks of St. Louis Spares for game day. Spicy brown mustard for a binder, rub is the recipe that Greg Jones shared some time ago (great stuff btw). Had to pull the smoker through the mud to get it to my “spot” in the backyard but it’s been too long. Tired of winter, haven’t seen the sun in I don’t know how long. Thinking that grill therapy is just what I need!

2750BD76-F0B8-49FF-8ECF-D3C0E7BE13A6.jpeg

Let them go at 225 for about 4 hours, spritzing with apple juice/ACV roughly every hour. Bumped it to 250 for the last hour and a half or so. Brushed one with Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle sauce. Just what I needed!!
8C810664-478F-4C29-9EE4-B036C70D54B2.jpeg
7864E4CE-A509-450A-972D-F93370B4E388.jpeg

Last edited:
Tired of winter, haven’t seen the sun in I don’t know how long.
Sun? What is this “sun” you speak of? Are you talking about that yellow thing in the sky that shows up here in the Pacific Northwest around June and sticks around for a couple of months? 🤣

The last month’s weather forecasts for our area have begun with the R-word; “rain.”

Last edited:
Smoked pork tenderloin for dinner tonite. Marinated the loins overnight in my own marinade, then put them in the RT-340 at 180F (Low) for 1-1/2 hours. Raised the temp to 250F for the final hour and pulled the loins at an internal temp of 144F. Rested them for 20 minutes before carving.

View attachment 21054

View attachment 21055

View attachment 21056

My “better half” did her famous (at least in our family) “Bear Hunter Potatoes” and some steamed broccoli. Good eats! And, plenty left for some pork loin sandwiched tomorrow.
That’s a nice looking tenderloin. It seems you have that down .

I’m inspired to get one going soon!

No pics, just wanted to say two pork shoulders, within a pound of each other finished over 3 hours apart.
Never had that happen before. Both came out fine, taste good, texture good - just the weird staggered finish.

No pics, just wanted to say two pork shoulders, within a pound of each other finished over 3 hours apart.
Never had that happen before. Both came out fine, taste good, texture good - just the weird staggered finish.
Another one of life’s frequent mysteries. Not all protein is created equal!

Tennessee bound still haven’t decided on a definitive area but somewhere southwest of Nashville about 60-90 minutes out. I am super excited to get it done now compared to when I retire. Been in the ATL 25 years after the Army and PCS’d a few times, this move is WAY different lol. Oh that Prime rib will be gone by the end of the week no worries 😂

Tennessee bound still haven’t decided on a definitive area but somewhere southwest of Nashville about 60-90 minutes out.
Good luck in your search Dan! The wife and I took a big next step today by signing a contract on a home that finally has enough room for my outdoor kitchen! We’ll eventually be relocating to Coffin Point Plantation, St. Helena Island (Beaufort SC). The wife is super excited. We can see the ocean and hear the waves from our front porch and we have private beach access across the road. 2.3 acres, deer, fruit trees (we ate oranges and lemons from the trees today), Live Oaks, Magnolias, and a pool. And the Quonset hut! We’ve been looking at moving to the Charleston or Beaufort area for years now, and now we are moving forward! There are some rennovations that we will be making, so hopefully in about 8 months we’ll be in!
IMG_1062.jpeg

Good luck in your search Dan! The wife and I took a big next step today by signing a contract on a home that finally has enough room for my outdoor kitchen! We’ll eventually be relocating to Coffin Point Plantation, St. Helena Island (Beaufort SC). The wife is super excited. We can see the ocean and hear the waves from our front porch and we have private beach access across the road. 2.3 acres, deer, fruit trees (we ate oranges and lemons from the trees today), Live Oaks, Magnolias, and a pool. And the Quonset hut! We’ve been looking at moving to the Charleston or Beaufort area for years now, and now we are moving forward! There are some rennovations that we will be making, so hopefully in about 8 months we’ll be in!
View attachment 21087
Wow! That sounds like a great place to relocate to. Wishing you all the best. Having just finished a “relocation,” I am quite familiar with the disruption, but the end result has put us close to family and that counts for a lot as we get older.

View attachment 21087
Dude that’s beautiful. I only hope to find my 5-10 acres of solitude 😂

What I’m cooking now: chicken breast and crooked yellow neck squash. What’s special about that? Absoutly nothing, other than I haven’t cooked on a gas grill in over 35 years! !View attachment 21094
I’m about to put a couple of ground lamb patties on the gas grill this evening. It hasn’t been over 35 years since I’ve used my gas grill, but it has been several months. Sometimes, a as grill is the right tool for the job.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back