Show us what you're cooking...

This is the move today… currently researching vac sealers lol

IMG_3253.jpeg

This is the move today… currently researching vac sealers lol

View attachment 21023
I have had the weston pro 2300 for about 2 years now and use it for everything. It can use 15 inch wide bags so you can put a full packer or butt in them. Also cheaper than when I bought it. Down to $399 right now. It's a solid investment and made to make seal after seal without a cool down period. Pretty large though so keep that in mind.

I have had the weston pro 2300 for about 2 years now and use it for everything. It can use 15 inch wide bags so you can put a full packer or butt in them. Also cheaper than when I bought it. Down to $399 right now. It's a solid investment and made to make seal after seal without a cool down period. Pretty large though so keep that in mind.
Yeah I need a smaller unit as my apartment has tiny counters lol.. looking at this

Mesliese Vacuum Sealer Machine, 95kPa 140W Double Seal Powerful Food Storage with Build-in Cutter, ETL Tested, Includes Bag Rolls and Pre-cut Bags https://a.co/d/bpeubjq

Yeah I need a smaller unit as my apartment has tiny counters lol.. looking at this

Mesliese Vacuum Sealer Machine, 95kPa 140W Double Seal Powerful Food Storage with Build-in Cutter, ETL Tested, Includes Bag Rolls and Pre-cut Bags https://a.co/d/bpeubjq
Never used that one but has great reviews. Just keep in mind that most lower wattage ones require about 1 minute between seals. Also look for one where you can replace the heat strip. Makes repairs easier without having to buy a whole new unit.

Never used that one but has great reviews. Just keep in mind that most lower wattage ones require about 1 minute between seals. Also look for one where you can replace the heat strip. Makes repairs easier without having to buy a whole new unit.
It’s on the way… 112.00 lol

I just won’t be able to use the damn thing tomorrow since I work Sunday -Monday nights.. I’ll have to refrigerate these leftovers until Tuesday am… smh ..
It will be fine still. The wevac and vacfresh brand of bags have served me well over the years. Some brands don't hold up well but those have held up very well for me. I have used all the sizes and only had maybe 5 bad bags out of the hundred plus I've used

It will be fine still. The wevac and vacfresh brand of bags have served me well over the years. Some brands don't hold up well but those have held up very well for me. I have used all the sizes and only had maybe 5 bad bags out of the hundred plus I've used
Actually I just remembered, I only work 6 tomorrow night so I can come home at 1 and seal away lol

Smoked pork tenderloin for dinner tonite. Marinated the loins overnight in my own marinade, then put them in the RT-340 at 180F (Low) for 1-1/2 hours. Raised the temp to 250F for the final hour and pulled the loins at an internal temp of 144F. Rested them for 20 minutes before carving.

IMG_2618.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

My “better half” did her famous (at least in our family) “Bear Hunter Potatoes” and some steamed broccoli. Good eats! And, plenty left for some pork loin sandwiched tomorrow.

Any chance seeing what goes in your wife’s Bear Hunter Potatoes?
Well, she agreed to share “most” of her recipe. Actually pretty simple; diced Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped onions and bacon (a copious amount) sautéed with her special blend of herbs and spices which I know contains salt, pepper, granulated garlic, thyme and “some other things”—her words. :rolleyes:

She did mention that she does not parboil the potatoes as some do; they are sautéed raw.

Since it warmed up to the positive side of zero yesterday, we cooked meals for the week. Rotisseried a chicken for jambalaya, smoked meatloaf, and tater tot casserole...

View attachment 21048

View attachment 21049

View attachment 21050
Would you be willing to share your meatloaf recipe? I’ve tried a couple of different ones and they’ve taken me on a journey to find “something else”. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Smoked pork tenderloin for dinner tonite. Marinated the loins overnight in my own marinade, then put them in the RT-340 at 180F (Low) for 1-1/2 hours. Raised the temp to 250F for the final hour and pulled the loins at an internal temp of 144F. Rested them for 20 minutes before carving.

View attachment 21054

View attachment 21055

View attachment 21056

My “better half” did her famous (at least in our family) “Bear Hunter Potatoes” and some steamed broccoli. Good eats! And, plenty left for some pork loin sandwiched tomorrow.
Looks delicious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back