Bull RT-700 Auger feed rate - app vs. control panel settings

TahoeMike00

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My forum and google searches have not answered my question. I inadvertently adjusted the feed rate slider from within the app before noting what it was defaulted to. So I decided to contact tech support via e-mail. While I was at it, I asked what the default feed setting should be from within the control panel specifically for the RT-700.
The answer I received (for the 700) was 1.0% in the app and 10 in the control panel.

So what is the purpose of having settings in 2 different interfaces with dissimilar numbers? "10" in the control panel and "1.0%" from the app. Eg: so if you change the slider in the app, from let's say "1.0" to "5.0" how is it relevant to the "10" setting in the control panel. Is it relational? Such that if you changed the slider in the app from 1 to 5, would you be doubling (or halving) the percentages of feed if the controller was set to 5 instead of 10?

And I understand that the feed rates are to compensate for reducing the chances of flameouts in hotter ambient temperature climates. And such a wide range of adjustability between the app and the control panel -- that can't all be for temperature compensation/flameout control. Can it? Or is this a means of increasing or decreasing the amount of smoke generated through those settings?

You must have the Bull(newer model) with the faster auger. My Bull came defauted at 6. I do adjust mine from summer to winter.

This is just the minimum feed rate. So for me when it comes into play is when I want to run my Bull on low(180). If the feed rate is too high and say it is hot outside and the sun light is on your grill, the feed rate may need to be lowered.

I think a lot of people(and I admittenly in the beginning was confused) think adjusting this can help your grill get to higher temps which is not true. It is just about achieving lower temps and when you can't hold the grill at 180 or even 225, the rate needs to be lowered.

The app should match what the controller shows. However, I would imagine it takes a bit of time for them to sync. How much? No idea but I would think within a few minutes.

I think your numbers are the same, just displayed differently. The app has the ability to show the decimal and the panel cannot. That is why it shows 10. So if the app is 5.0% then the panel would be 50.

I may be wrong but I have dealt with Program Logic Controllers (PLC) talking to external devices that don't have the ability to show the decimal numbers so it shows them as whole numbers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back