Pellet storage bin

I LOVE when threads get heated like this, happens a lot more in other hobbies though.
Homebrewer rules for making beer/wine ... HDPE ....White. No clue what's in the other colorings and they're probably not food safe, HDPE won't leech because beer/wine is a low percentage alcohol and pellets are even lower alcohol. I just keep my pellets in their original bags btw.

Last edited:
I just see the discussing of information is all, nothing heated in that IMHO......and exactly what we are supposed to be doing. My point was that if anyone is worried about the extremely remote chance of long term leeching into pellets from non food grade containers, than perhaps you should be looking harder at what you are ingesting daily over anything else? Also.......the main culprit for cancer and most all other ailments we encounter is linked to INFLAMMATION, and yes that inflammation is caused by many things which we don't or rarely ever take into consideration. Cut most if not out all the sugar and alcohol over anything and everything else, just those 2 things can reverse or keep many issues at bay, both are literally poison to the human body, and both are what has and is killing so many people, of course add in all the artificial this and that added to most food as well. Also we are not sedate creatures, we are supposed to move "be active" more than most do, so many people are obese just from the lack of moving and getting their heart rate up regularly. Proper nutrition and exercise is the key.........the science has not changed.

Wifey and I both have worked in healthcare for many years, so we rub elbows with many professionals and have shall I say........witnessed many things over our careers. Any logical precautions that we can take to be healthier is a good thing, but I do believe that many of our ailments are self induced and contributed by many big corporations and other powerful entities ;)

Last edited:
C1.PNG

You could leave the pellets in a bag, and place that inside the plastic bucket that way you get the weatherproofing benefits but the pellets never actually come into contact with the plastic.

You could leave the pellets in a bag, and place that inside the plastic bucket that way you get the weatherproofing benefits but the pellets never actually come into contact with the plastic.
Other than the Alder Pellets (that we use everyday), which are stored in our "Pet Food Vault", our other "Flavored Pellets" are kept in their original Bag, stored inside (and here where my OCD kicks in) a different Color 5 gal Bucket with a matching screw-on Lid

Serious question — do we really need food grade buckets for dry pellets? I have just been using the regular Home Depot and Lowe’s buckets.
Getting back to this one late I see!

Like other have said, probably not, but there are some risk factors one could consider. My two cents on that part of it.

I primarily use them because of just how well they seal with the matching lids and gaskets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back