Pellet storage

hput2

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
1644357405056.jpeg

I found this in my local Sam’s club yesterday for about $14.00. The colander is approximately 11 inches wide, with the handles it is 14 inches wide, about $6:00 at Walmart. It fits just right over a 5 gallon bucket, great for sifting the last of the bag.

I don't fret over the dust 'cause it too will burn. If it doesn't it'll possibly form clinkers in the firebox.

Last edited:
I normally use the 6 gallon pails from Academy Sports with padded spinner seat tops. I also have a kingsford charcoal storage bin of two running around.

I just keep my bags on a plastic liner on the garage floor, so they don't draw up any moisture from the concreate, typically 500 pounds worth. I understand some folks might not be able to lift the bags. I sifted the dust out once using a Vortex fan while pouring into a bucket outside. This worked well but found it was pointless to do so. I have been grilling for some five years now and have learned a lot.

Yeah, we use one of these for the Alder; our Primary Pellets, and Five Gal Bucket to hold the "Flavored" Pellets
I have a bunch of 6 gallon buckets that have screw on, sealing lids. They formerly contained a feed supplement for the kid's 4H pigs. They work great.

If I didn't have those, I'd buy these...

Gamma2 Vittles Vault Stackable Airtight Pet Food Storage Container

View attachment 14836

One of these fits well under the Control Shelf and still allows for the Cover to fit over the whole thing:

6FGW8Fy.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back