RT-1250 Interior Light stopped working

nevs83

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hey all

So my wife got me the RT-1250 for my birthday (ya she’s great). So all is well for about a month. Then the interior light stopped working. So not knowing any different I ordered 2 replacement bulbs and a new lens so I would have extra parts. Installed the new bulb and it still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Hey all

So my wife got me the RT-1250 for my birthday (ya she’s great). So all is well for about a month. Then the interior light stopped working. So not knowing any different I ordered 2 replacement bulbs and a new lens so I would have extra parts. Installed the new bulb and it still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

Ok.. I'm lost. I thought there was no light on the 1250?

Yes, the Bull/700 has a light, the 1250 does not.

I thought so.. I only have the 700 so maybe that is what he has if it has a light?

I'm thinking possibly a switch or wiring issue if the bulb didn't fix it. Should be easy to trace with a v-meter.

Edit - I would call RecTeq since if it is new they should be able to pinpoint with you easily. Give them a call if you are unsure how to go about testing yourself.

Hey all

Order a 700 so you can use the bulbs.

A call to Recteq is in order.

I have seen some posts where the wires feeding power to the interior light have gotten pinched (and shorted) during assembly. I think there should also be a fuse in the light circuit and it may have opened. Again, the Recteq folks should be able to walk you through a diagnostic procedure and identify the culprit.

They’ll make it right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back