Do I need the Large interior shelf?

It really depends depends on your needs bud. Having the shelf will never be a bad thing. Just depends on what you intend to cook. I have a second shelf for my 700 but it’s mainly for jerky and sausage making. If your into that kinda stuff go for it! Mine is a home made on i built but they will all perform the same task. View attachment 20241
Any tips on building this? Where did you get the parts?

Any tips on building this? Where did you get the parts?
The absolute easiest way would be to buy a 1250 to be honest. I cant remember how much 1/4 in 304 stainless wire that took but i think it was nearly $200 for all the metal then i had to cut each rod to length and used a belt sander to get them to final length and round off the edges. Then i welded all the rods together. It was alot of work but i like it alot. the side slides are 2 pieces of angle iron welded like this LL with a piece of flat welded to the top. If you have any specific questions or are serious about making this i can get dimensions and good pictures of everything for you.

@ThirtyPointBuck I don’t know which grill you have but if you are looking for more than a portable shelf there are a couple of good options. If you do a search in this forum for Gene Gauger or PCS Rack Works you’ll see pictures of a couple of good third party options for second grates in Recteq grills. PCS Rack Works has a website and Gene Gauger is on Facebook. I ordered one from Gene and it should be here tomorrow.

I too doubt i needed the Teflon liner but got it anyway. so far 4 cooks, one up to 300 and no noticeable smell at all. Need to clean it, so lets see how 'easy' that is compared to trashing a piece of foil :)
I have the teflon liner for my 700 and I don't really see a good use for it. Several cooks on it and there is really no good way to get it clean. Trashed it and just foil the drip pan. 5 minutes and I am done! I usually refoil after big protein cooks if I don't use my shelf and a drip pan. Small stuff and casseroles the foil will stay on a few cooks.

Circling back to this as I still haven’t decided if I wanna snag the recteq shelf from the guy on reddit or talk to Gene Gauger or PCS rack works… both of those last 2 options are quality, but wouldn’t they void my warranty ? lol, #noobquestion

Circling back to this as I still haven’t decided if I wanna snag the recteq shelf from the guy on reddit or talk to Gene Gauger or PCS rack works… both of those last 2 options are quality, but wouldn’t they void my warranty ? lol, #noobquestion
Hmmm you're only 49 posts in - so I'm guessing it's too soon to just sell your grill and buy the next model up.
If your add-on shelf causes the controller to malfunction - I guess it wouldn't be covered. ;)
A little more realistically, if your mods are the source of the warranty claim - like it rusts from the new holes/welds that you put there after delivery - your claim probably will be declined.
Otherwise - I've been asked for pics and video for warranty claims, never anything like are all your shelves OEM.

Hmmm you're only 49 posts in - so I'm guessing it's too soon to just sell your grill and buy the next model up.
If your add-on shelf causes the controller to malfunction - I guess it wouldn't be covered. ;)
A little more realistically, if your mods are the source of the warranty claim - like it rusts from the new holes/welds that you put there after delivery - your claim probably will be declined.
Otherwise - I've been asked for pics and video for warranty claims, never anything like are all your shelves OEM.
lol, yeah I’ve had it a month..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back