Happy Gobble Gobble!

How do you carve up a spiral ham? I feel like I’m supposed to get a ham steak out of it, but never really achieved that nice of a slice.
If spiral, cut it out around the bone, finish the spiral and the ring/wheel can be removed with tongs. Enjoy

Reactions: O C
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving all! Enjoy the day with the family and fire up those smokers. Love, peace and Turkey grease. 😀
Thanks to those that recommended a 265 degree cook, absolutely a great call !

B0BFD59A-CF0B-4631-89E8-B266E730019E.jpeg

C9AC73DA-4074-47D6-9C71-0E6C62803D77.jpeg

94766EF3-830B-4B5B-967C-9AEA83B98EA6.jpeg

Regarding the ham, Smokezilla's tip to cut around the bone and use tongs is a good one. Also SmokeOCD your idea to take it back to the kitchen for prep is good too. The presentation of the whole ham looked great, but I didn't really get the ham cut properly. I did take a knife and cut around the bone, but it was not enough because the spiral wasn't cut deep enough. Tongs and a knife work better than a fork and knife, and would have been better if I had gone ahead and cut more out for easy serving.

I’ve only had a couple of them an just get frustrated with it and lop off the meat into 4 pieces. Two nice half ovals and two smaller squarish pieces. Just stand it up an run the knife like you’re cleaning corn off the cob.

I’ve only had a couple of them an just get frustrated with it and lop off the meat into 4 pieces. Two nice half ovals and two smaller squarish pieces. Just stand it up an run the knife like you’re cleaning corn off the cob.
In our house we call those small squares the slider cut. They work great in Hawaiian rolls.

Nice looking bird! What did you cook it on? I did a spatchcock, brined bird, and to look at it Norman Rockwell would have said ‘No way!’ But it was one of the best tasting birds I’ve ever cooked.
Thank you! Dry brine - kosher salt & Meat Church Texas sugar - two days, spatchcocked, RT-590 @ 325 2-1/2 hours. Sprayed duck fat @ 1hour in.

Nice! I wanted to use the Texas Sugar (have had it, I ran out) on my bird this year. Unfortunately Buc-ee’s was out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back