Happy Labor Day Weekend! Whatcha cooking?

Gotta be a good ol’ southern boy with the “balled peanuts”. (I should’ve done some too but I was too busy watching football yesterday. My team got beat up…I should have smoked something and boiled peanuts too.)
You nailed it. Back when I was a kid you could always tell where my family sat at the high school football game. There would be a big pile of peanut shells under the bleachers.

Low and slow Pork Loin Ribs (Baby Backs), Rotisserie Garlic Chicken with apple doused veggies, smoked baked beans with skillet fried potatoes, Kings Hawaiian bread, and a few miscellaneous sides. Sorry for breaking the smoker rule but I needed extra capacity so I used the gasser for the chicken and the high temp stuff (potatoes and searing) on the cast iron. Now for the clean up. Ouch.

I

IMG_2152.jpeg

Roasted Chicken.jpg

Rib Cook.jpg

To prevent Acute Weekend Withdrawal Symptoms (AWWS), I took one for the team and did a nice outdoor breakfast cook. Don’t hate me cause I used the gasser. I used the time to do a heat, burn and clean on the Bull at the same time so it wouldn’t feel left out.

IMG_2159.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

Did a high dollar brisket cook. It was good but compared to 3.99 lb Costco, I’m not sure it was worth almost 3 times the cost. The family thought it was good and ate it all up but I’ll go back to Costco next time.

View attachment 20041

View attachment 20042
Well, it certainly looks good; moist, great bark and a nice smoke ring. I was ready to rev up the Ferrari and head your way until you said “…the family ate it all up.” :ROFLMAO: Just my luck; how about a little advance notice next time? ;)

football ferrari GIF by Yiannimize

Low and slow Pork Loin Ribs (Baby Backs), Rotisserie Garlic Chicken with apple doused veggies, smoked baked beans with skillet fried potatoes, Kings Hawaiian bread, and a few miscellaneous sides. Sorry for breaking the smoker rule but I needed extra capacity so I used the gasser for the chicken and the high temp stuff (potatoes and searing) on the cast iron. Now for the clean up. Ouch.

I

View attachment 20022

View attachment 20024

View attachment 20025
It all looks delicious.

Now I’m concerned there is a “smoker rule” that I was not previously aware of. 😄. I have a Grilla Grills Primate as my gasser. I use it half the time with the plancha/flattop inserted for stir-frying, breakfasts, smash burgers, Philly cheese steaks, etc.

Well, it certainly looks good; moist, great bark and a nice smoke ring. I was ready to rev up the Ferrari and head your way until you said “…the family ate it all up.” :ROFLMAO: Just my luck; how about a little advance notice next time? ;)

football ferrari GIF by Yiannimize
😄

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back