Happy Labor Day Weekend! Whatcha cooking?

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Going to do an overnight brisket tonight. May do some chicken Sunday.

20230901_203735.jpg

20230901_195904.jpg

20230902_160414.jpg

20230902_161026.jpg

Been cooking all week. Wifeys been home recuperating from some minor surgery and took the week off so ran my 1250 every day. Done St. Louis, beef backs, spatchcock Chicken and a brisket so far. Have two butts prepped and injected ready to go in tonight for an overnight cook. Been a greeeeat week 🤪

In honor of the return of college football this weekend I am doing a brisket. I am also smoking some cream cheese to use in a clam dip recipe I like. And, I boiled some peanuts last night. Sorry no pics yet.

Great pics gents! I was less than pleased with my last two Costco briskets. At $3.99 lb I guess I shouldn’t be too picky. But I paid a lot more for a brisket at a local reputable meat market for Labor Day. I’m hoping the difference will be worth the extra $$$$. We will find out Monday at 2pm!

Been cooking all week. Wifeys been home recuperating from some minor surgery and took the week off so ran my 1250 every day. Done St. Louis, beef backs, spatchcock Chicken and a brisket so far. Have two butts prepped and injected ready to go in tonight for an overnight cook. Been a greeeeat week 🤪
Sorry I missed the dinner bell there every day/night. Sounds like some mighty fine eating.

That said…you know your wife ain’t gonna wanna cook ever again don’t you? 😄

In honor of the return of college football this weekend I am doing a brisket. I am also smoking some cream cheese to use in a clam dip recipe I like. And, I boiled some peanuts last night. Sorry no pics yet.
Gotta be a good ol’ southern boy with the “balled peanuts”. (I should’ve done some too but I was too busy watching football yesterday. My team got beat up…I should have smoked something and boiled peanuts too.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back