RT-1070 Gas grill on the side?

Mpneumann

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All!
Looking for a few honest replies :). I’m building a new outdoor kitchen, but space is tight. I am ordering a 1070 built in. The question: how many of you really never use your gas grill because the pellet grill does it all? Thanks,
Michael

Use my Weber 4 burner just as much as my 1250… all depends on what I’m cooking and the taste I’m looking for.

Pellet grill does it all? I wish! My Napoleon gas grill gets used extensively for short, hot cooks; I wouldn’t be without it. YMMV

I don’t know if a pellet grill will do it all for you, but that doesn’t mean the alternative is to add a gas grill. I don’t use a gas grill because I don’t care for them. I’ve only grilled/smoked with wood/pellets/charcoal for a very long time. I do have a gas griddle, and the pellet grill, a gas griddle, and a charcoal PK grill cover most of my needs.

Every job requires the right tool and most tools are multi tools but are specifically good at one thing. My wife did a complete bathroom tear out with a flat head screw driver, trim hammer and a reciprocal saw.

I got a RT-590 and used the Weber gas grill for the hotter cooks/searing. But then after Recteq Academy last year I added a Bullseye and have only used the gasser once in over a year.
Funny how that happens. A Bullseye followed us home from the academy. Our weber is seeing less use now.

I’m the vicinity of 5 to 1, with the gasser being the 5. I grill on the gas and use the RT as an oven and for low and slow smoking. When I want to spend the time for the best flavor when grilling I use the charcoal kettle, that gets used less the the RT.

I cook outside probably 5 times a week, even in the snow and rain. Many times I use the gas for speed and convenience.

As someone who used to build built-in BBQs, I have many tools for cooking protein, I have a built in gasser as well as many different smokers. Every planned meal will use a different heat source. For instance this weekend I cooked some kabobs on the gasser, took about 25 minutes, whereas if I were to cook them on the pellet grill it would have been over an hour. I prefer seafood steaks on the gasser and smoked salmon on the wood fired smoker. Cooking on the griddle seems to be much better on the gasser than the smoker. Veggies are much better on the gasser.
So for me, it depends on the meal plan.

Ordered the Traeger flat rock griddle today. So now im down to 3 in the backyard; a pellet, a charcoal, and a propane griddle. Think I have it all covered for any type of cook

Ordered the Traeger flat rock griddle today. So now im down to 3 in the backyard; a pellet, a charcoal, and a propane griddle. Think I have it all covered for any type of cook
Sounds like you still have room. You're not done yet, Yoder is calling your name.

Same here.. 3 in the backyard but 2 out front. Well technically in the garages and wheel them in and out.

Now if I can fit more on the sides probably will.

Postage stamp size property doesn’t help, maybe that’s a good thing.. lol.

Edit:

Whoops.. as I’m sitting out back I realized I forgot the Kettle.. 4 out back and 2 in front make that including the griddle.

I suppose I could find room for a Santa Maria style grill too. Still don’t know what the Wyldside went away.

Don't tempt me :ROFLMAO: .. if they were only still available. The difference is the built in fan.

Woe is me. Do you think I should set up a Go Fund Me page? Apparently I am only a step or two above the caveman's fire with only a 590, a Thermosteel gasser and this.

16864442473297792914931674532437.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back