Stampede Won't be selling my gas grill anytime soon!

I’m a firm believer in “to each his own”. But I have over just the last few months worry less about grill marks. I’m perfectly happy with a steak of chops cooked on my RT-700 that provide me that great wood-fired/grilled flavor. And, on those occasions where I’m trying to impress someone with grill marks, I just put my GrllGrates on, heat them up to 425, and they put some nice cross-hatched marks on those steaks snd chops while still capturing that wonderful wood-fired flavor.
This is how I get my grill marks
download.jpg

I never thought my new 590 would replace my gas grills but I did think it would be okay to cook things that don't need to be seared like the pork chops I cooked tonight. Max temp after an hour was 425. Really limp performance in my opinion. Glen Beck Lied!
And he paid the price!

We need ALOT more info than that if you're looking for help.
If you're trying to flame broil those PorkChops it's not going to work on the 590. I'd like to suggest you try some different techniques for pellet smokers. Like low and slow smoke them until about 145° internal and then reverse sear them at 425° or whatever you can get out of your 590. You made need some adjustment or Calibration since it's new?
(Reverse sear is searing at the end if you're unaware)...this is NOT a smartass reply btw. I did these the other night just as I described....View attachment 4697
I hadn't thought of that approach. But I think I would modify that a bit and pull them at about 130 degrees and then on my gas grill or even stove in cast iron to do the Sear.

I was reading some customer ratings on a bullet smoker this morning and a 1 star rater said he liked the cooker but was rating it low because the manufacturer didn't send instructions on how to cook food, only assembly instructions. There's a whole cadre of consumers out there who apparently prefer/demand to be spoon fed rather than think. Might be a different equipment issue there…………………...
Pussification of ‘ Merica! See it every day makes me vomit in my mouth a lil every time 🙄

I think some are being a tad harsh on that poor fellow. Word on the street is that Recteq is offering a special on their top smoker whereby not only will they include a three volume set on smoking, grilling and how to teach the wife how to tend it while you play a round, but Bobby will come to your home and handle the cook while you enjoy a Bud Lite!

I was reading some customer ratings on a bullet smoker this morning and a 1 star rater said he liked the cooker but was rating it low because the manufacturer didn't send instructions on how to cook food, only assembly instructions. There's a whole cadre of consumers out there who apparently prefer/demand to be spoon fed rather than think. Might be a different equipment issue there…………………...
You mean, you didn’t receive a RecTec cookbook with your grill ?

Hmmm🤔…..Wonder what happened? 😁

You mean, you didn’t receive a RecTec cookbook with your grill ?

Hmmm🤔…..Wonder what happened? 😁

This is a serious failing on the part of rectek. Where is the equity? There are some consumers who cannot read. The only fair solution is for Bobby to come to the house and spend a couple weeks teaching the customer how to smoke and Grill on his new Rec Tech machine. There's no other solution.

RT needs to branch out and offer an “instant smoker” similar in concept to those offered by the instant meals folks. “Just unwrap, put it in the Instant Smoker and 30 seconds later you have brisket or ribs or pulled pork, etc.” :unsure:

Never mind; better not give the RT venture capital bean counters any more new ideas. :rolleyes:

RT needs to branch out and offer an “instant smoker” similar in concept to those offered by the instant meals folks. “Just unwrap, put it in the Instant Smoker and 30 seconds later you have brisket or ribs or pulled pork, etc.” :unsure:

Never mind; better not give the RT venture capital bean counters any more new ideas. :rolleyes:
liquid smoke.jpg

:rolleyes:😝

"RT needs to branch out and offer an “instant smoker” similar in concept to those offered by the instant meals folks. “Just unwrap, put it in the Instant Smoker and 30 seconds later you have brisket or ribs or pulled pork, etc.”

I can't meet the 30 second criteria but I've done several briskets and a few braskets in 12 minutes in my microwave and a smoke tube. Delish!

"RT needs to branch out and offer an “instant smoker” similar in concept to those offered by the instant meals folks. “Just unwrap, put it in the Instant Smoker and 30 seconds later you have brisket or ribs or pulled pork, etc.”

I can't meet the 30 second criteria but I've done several briskets and a few braskets in 12 minutes in my microwave and a smoke tube. Delish!
Man, I’d love to see that smoke tube in the microwave! :oops: I’m guessing that would be complete with thunder and lightning.:ROFLMAO:

Wow, it’s just not that hard to figure out, there is an ocean of forum information not to mention a ton of excellent YouTube videos.
This guy needs to discover the internet.

"This guy needs to discover the internet."

No, no. With things as they are these days, we can all use a smile now and then. Personally, I need to know that there are people out there who say things more foolish than I do.

Crazy as this might sound, I only use my 590 for low temps and long cooks where consistent temperatures are a must. I really think of it as a smoker. I know it can be used as a high temp grill, I just choose not to use it for that. I have a great gas grill if I want that high temp sear. Plus I like the flames and occasional flare up from the gas grill.
i'm new to RecTeq having just done my burn in this morning. But I consider my 590 as a smoker for low and slow cooks though I may grill on it too. I have a Big Green Egg MiniMax that I will be using for charcoal cooks along with a fire pit. I'll probably end up getting the cheapest gasser I can find at Lowes for really quick grilling projects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back