Won't be selling my gas grill anytime soon!

BethV, I thought your post was one of my former posts. That is exactly how I feel though. And as for a gas grill backup, I bought a ThermaSteel from Lowe's. Not cheap but works great.

I never thought my new 590 would replace my gas grills but I did think it would be okay to cook things that don't need to be seared like the pork chops I cooked tonight. Max temp after an hour was 425. Really limp performance in my opinion. Glen Beck Lied!
Thats odd. I've seen tons of people on here before saying their 590 can't reach high temps, I don't know if it has to do with the batches or what, but my 590 can consistently hit 600+. Not being able to hit 500 sounds like a defect to me.

I would call Rec Tec. My 590 went up 600 during break in.
Seconded,
In reading this thread, I'm new to my Stampede. I did a great cook of a tri-tip and it turned out awesome. I wasn't able to get those quick sear marks I would have liked too. I am curious if anyone here has used the "Sear Daddy" as an accessory with their Stampede with this issue when you just want to grill at high temps?
I have not owned one but seen one used and I thought the results were lackluster. I've also never had an issue doing high heat cooks on my 590, I can consistently hit 600, except in the coldest months, but even then I can get just about to 600, but no higher. In the summer months I've hit 700 before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back