Bullseye Bullseye or gas grill to complement RT-700?

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I've got an RT-700 and love it, but obviously it's not ideal for hot/fast cooks as it can take a while to heat up, especially in the winter. I'm contemplating getting a gas grill (probably a Weber) for hot/fast/searing but I see where some people use a Bullseye for the same purpose.

What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of the Bullseye vs gas grill to go along with an RT-700?

For what it's worth, here are my .02¢:

I had the same dilemma after getting my Stampede; in the end, I added a Weber Kettle, simply because I prefer charcoal over gas. I decided to forgo the simplicity of a gasser for the flavor of a charcoal grill.

Good luck!

For what it's worth, here are my .02¢:

I had the same dilemma after getting my Stampede; in the end, I added a Weber Kettle, simply because I prefer charcoal over gas. I decided to forgo the simplicity of a gasser for the flavor of a charcoal grill.

Good luck!
I actually got rid of my Web Performer a few months ago because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with Charcoal. :)

I haven't used my Weber kettle since I got the Bullseye. I haven't used my gas grill for years.

IMHO I'd suggest the Bullseye with Grill Grates.

Good luck!

I bought a RT590 a few weeks ago, have had several great cooks on it, but I wanted something to cook fast and hot too. I have been through a few grills and I love the simplicity and ease of the RecTeq so far. For me it is easier than charcoal and I don't like gas. So I pulled the trigger on a Bullseye, got it Friday.
Put it together today and will burn it in tomorrow. Most reviews I have seen have been positive. I will keep you posted.

I use the Bullseye with the Aura cast iron grates. Riot mode and sear my steaks on it. Plus riot mode burgers pretty often.
Hey, I am new to Bullseye so send some recipes for burgers or whatever on the 380. I tried to buy a cast iron grate from Aura, sold out.

Also, do you use a griddle? from RT or the GrillGrate guys? Looks like a griddle would be great on 380.
What do you think?

Hey, I am new to Bullseye so send some recipes for burgers or whatever on the 380. I tried to buy a cast iron grate from Aura, sold out.

Also, do you use a griddle? from RT or the GrillGrate guys? Looks like a griddle would be great on 380.
What do you think?

I just use the Aura. Mostly use the Bullseye for the "I need this hot as hell" stuff. Burgers, hot dogs, searing steaks, etc.

No griddle yet.

What do you think?
The X Home 8355 cast iron grate off Amazon is a nice alternative to the GrillGrates.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0895YLQV1/

My opinion is get a Weber Genesis and it will last you a good 20+ years no problem. In addition to hot and fast, we use it for rotisserie chicken all the time, it might be worth it for that alone! I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Not knocking the bullseye, but for me I’d rather have the Weber. I don’t use it as much as I did prior to having a smoker, but it still gets plenty of use.

My opinion is get a Weber Genesis and it will last you a good 20+ years no problem. In addition to hot and fast, we use it for rotisserie chicken all the time, it might be worth it for that alone! I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Not knocking the bullseye, but for me I’d rather have the Weber. I don’t use it as much as I did prior to having a smoker, but it still gets plenty of use.
I've been using my Weber Summit for 11 years. It still works just as well day one., although not quite as clean. A Genesis or Summit is great partner for the Bull.

I really like my Weber Spirit 335 for burgers and searing. Grease management and cleanup are good.

I am running the Weber Genesis with grill grates. It reaches temps up to 700° so searing is a breeze. The reverse sear complimented by the RT-700 bull is and darn good combo for sure. I have a large Weber charcoal kettle that is available whenever high heat and charcoal is in need.

Last edited:
I've been using my Weber Summit for 11 years. It still works just as well day one., although not quite as clean. A Genesis or Summit is great partner for the Bull.
What's the difference between Genesis and Summit? On the website I can see the Summit is the higher-end grill but I don't see what the significant differences are as far as cooking.

I think one had stainless steel grates, etc.

The first thought I have--and it's just a thought and possibly doesn't have validity--is the potential advantage of having a second cooker that doesn't rely on electronics (be it hardware or software).

My second thought is that sometimes my wife does quick cooks outdoors and she would not know how to use a pellet device, nor would she want to learn how.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back