RT-1250 Cooking Pizza at 650

I have an unfinished stone, when I use it in the smoker it gets what I'll call soot all over it that doesn't wipe off. I use cast iron now as I already had it, and save the stone for the oven.

i just use perforated pizza pans. mine are t fal air waves available at walmart for about $8 per 16in pan. very good quality and pretty heavy duty. i have 8-10 of those bad boys and they do great. i guess making pizza is about like smoked ribs and butts. alot of different ways to get good results

i just use perforated pizza pans. mine are t fal air waves available at walmart for about $8 per 16in pan. very good quality and pretty heavy duty. i have 8-10 of those bad boys and they do great. i guess making pizza is about like smoked ribs and butts. alot of different ways to get good results

You have 8-10 of them? That is some serious pizza making capabilities there!

You have 8-10 of them? That is some serious pizza making capabilities there!
i know for a fact i have 8. but i think i have 10 actually. i have used 8 at one time before and used 6 at a time several times. thats a big reason i want a second shelf that will fit my 16in pans. could do 8 larges in 25min cooking 4 at a time. im currently trying to decide on some personal pans i want to buy so guest can add there own toppings and make it fun. will get atleast 12 of them

i know for a fact i have 8. but i think i have 10 actually. i have used 8 at one time before and used 6 at a time several times. thats a big reason i want a second shelf that will fit my 16in pans. could do 8 larges in 25min cooking 4 at a time

Ya know.. I'm starting to think a drive to upstate SC might not be too bad for some real pizza :)

We've been doing the Papa Murphy Pizza on the Bull for some time
Momma likes their "Gluten Free" done on one of our Cooking Mats
She says it reminds Her of a "Wood Fired, Brick Oven" Pizza
With the middle Shelf, we can get two Medium on the Shelf and two Large on the Rack
OH ... DON'T USE THE RT WINTER COVER WHEN COOKING PIZZA !!!
It doesn't like Temps much over 350
The Pizza's not the only thing that gets "crispy" :eek:
PM Pizza on the Bull.jpeg

We've been doing the Papa Murphy Pizza on the Bull for some time
Momma likes their "Gluten Free" done on one of our Cooking Mats
She says it reminds Her of a "Wood Fired, Brick Oven" Pizza
With the middle Shelf, we can get two Medium on the Shelf and two Large on the Rack
OH ... DON'T USE THE RT WINTER COVER WHEN COOKING PIZZA !!!
It doesn't like Temps much over 350
The Pizza's not the only thing that gets "crispy" :eek:
View attachment 14436
What temps are you cooking at?

Ok, tonight I did a pizza at 435. It came out much better than the two I tried at full temp. I think the super high heat maybe works better in an actual pizza oven, but this one came out much more evenly cooked

View attachment 14750

Looks good.. did you make the dough? I'm torn on making my own or just getting pre-made. Plus the bride wants cauliflower as the crust which I'm not the biggest fan :(.

Looks good.. did you make the dough? I'm torn on making my own or just getting pre-made. Plus the bride wants cauliflower as the crust which I'm not the biggest fan :(.
No. This was a last minute decision, so I usually keep pre-packaged thin crust on hand, and so that's what I used. But making crust isn't hard, just a little time consuming.

No. This was a last minute decision, so I usually keep pre-packaged thin crust on hand, and so that's what I used. But making crust isn't hard, just a little time consuming.

Cool.. we picked up some pre-made cauliflower crust last night. Having a hard time getting up the nerve to use them LOL. Happy wife.. happy life.

Cool.. we picked up some pre-made cauliflower crust last night. Having a hard time getting up the nerve to use them LOL. Happy wife.. happy life.
I wonder how Fathead pizza crust would work for you and your wife? I’ve never tried it, but my keto friends rave about it. There are a lot of variations on that recipe, too.

Thanks.. Might work on a splurge night I’ll have to check. The thing is it has dairy like cheese but I’m 99% sure the cauliflower crust does as well :unsure:
Darn! I didn’t think about the dairy 😕.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back