RT-1250 Cooking Pizza at 650

BNeal

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
So, yesterday I brought the temp up to 650 to cook a pizza. It got down in the 20's last night but the 1250 had no problems getting to temp and holding. I did remove the foil from the diverter tray. Left it on for 10 minutes and over cooked, but the flavor was really good. Just the right amount of smoke. The edges of the crust burned a little, but the underside was just right. I think 8 minutes would have been perfect. I did use a stone but covered it with parchment paper. Next one will be perfect!

1642686266917.png
IMG_0977.PNG

you did good! i love cooking pizzas and that one looks good. 8min should be perfect. do you plan to try 700 on a warmer day?
Not sure you have control over how hot it gets when you set it to full. But I wouldn't think anything above 650 is necessary given how quickly I damn near made burnt toast out of that pizza. ;-)

you can make a thin crispy crust pizza with all cheese as the crust. lots of recipes online under low carb. i have done it along time ago and it was actually fantastic. the cheese gets crispy and delicious. i would recommend a recipe but i just can’t remember which one i did

Yeah.. she is not even doing dairy at the moment.. she gets this fake cheese that doesn't even melt. Kinda gross.. :sick:

Hope this passes soon.. I'm gonna be shopping for a new model LOL.. At least she isn't giving up real meat protein. Then the curb it is!

The Bull will hold two pizzas. Do one cauliflower for your wife and one with regular pizza dough for you. It’s really worth the effort and you’ll each have leftovers.

The Bull will hold two pizzas. Do one cauliflower for your wife and one with regular pizza dough for you. It’s really worth the effort and you’ll each have leftovers.

Yeah.. it might be a little more work but seems like it is worth it. Do you use a stone or just put right on the rack?

If you have a stone, I would recommend using it. It really helps with even heat distribution. l put parchment paper between the stone and pizza.

Thanks.. I do. Did not think of the parchment paper. Good idea.

Although I have the 3 rpm auger motor I believe the controller limits it to 600f on the 700 Bull so hope that is enough.

We use glazed pizza stones (no stick). We cook our pizzas at 475 which works well for the way we like it. There are lots of ways to get it done.
Even at the high temps these grills give the pizza a different flavor. Not smoke but like others have said it gives them a wood fired flavor. Join the club @sdynak you’ll be glad you did.

If you have a stone, I would recommend using it. It really helps with even heat distribution. l put parchment paper between the stone and pizza.
I'm trying out my pizza stone today with my 380 - I hadn't considered using parchment paper. Thanks!

Thanks.. I do. Did not think of the parchment paper. Good idea.

Although I have the 3 rpm auger motor I believe the controller limits it to 600f on the 700 Bull so hope that is enough.
600 will be fine. A lot of people are at 400 - 500 and very happy with the results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back