1hr Ribs finished

NinoRT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I finished the 1 hour wings and I have to say they were excellent.
Used st louis style ribs
Heath Riles cherry rub
and a mix of killer hogs the bbq sauce and the vinegar sauce to finish it up.
Cooked on 400 for about 50min than brushed sauce on and finished off the rest of the hour.
Its clearly a different type of rib compared to 5 or 6hrs but the taste was great.
Not chewy at all. Had a nice texture and great all around flavor. The family loved them.

Attachments

• 67C07AF4-D718-4A33-AF4D-CA97747E1AF9.jpeg
    67C07AF4-D718-4A33-AF4D-CA97747E1AF9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 124
  • B22AADE3-6801-42B7-9E23-98BB5E742FF7.jpeg
    B22AADE3-6801-42B7-9E23-98BB5E742FF7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • 79EEED3E-0AAB-4E5B-A204-16E2288492AF.jpeg
    79EEED3E-0AAB-4E5B-A204-16E2288492AF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
So I finished the 1 hour wings and I have to say they were excellent.
Used st louis style ribs
Heath Riles cherry rub
and a mix of killer hogs the bbq sauce and the vinegar sauce to finish it up.
Cooked on 400 for about 50min than brushed sauce on and finished off the rest of the hour.
Its clearly a different type of rib compared to 5 or 6hrs but the taste was great.
Not chewy at all. Had a nice texture and great all around flavor. The family loved them.
They look delicious. I came into this thread like ok 1 hour wings, that's normal but then I saw you meant ribs and not wings. I will have to try these ribs. The only thing I don't like is you are supposed to marinate them for 2-6 hours I believe. That doesn't help me since I work for 9 hours and would like to marinate them overnight. I wonder if you could do that or if they would be too marinated.

They look delicious. I came into this thread like ok 1 hour wings, that's normal but then I saw you meant ribs and not wings. I will have to try these ribs. The only thing I don't like is you are supposed to marinate them for 2-6 hours I believe. That doesn't help me since I work for 9 hours and would like to marinate them overnight. I wonder if you could do that or if they would be too marinated.
Lol well thank you for pointing out i typed wings. I didn’t even realize. Just fixed it.
I didn’t marinate mine. I just let them sit in the dry rub for about 30min or so and put them on the grill at 400.
I’m not sure if letting them sit overnight in a marinade would be bad or not. Can always just try and see

Hats-off to ya Nino, they look and sound GREAT
After watching the RT Video you post on your OP, earlier in the week, I still said "they gotta be tough as hell"
AND, if you gotta marinate them for hours, how can they be a "spear of the moment" kinda thing ?
Guess, if you did want a bit more "Smoke', you could throw a Smoke Tube in too

Hats-off to ya Nino, they look and sound GREAT
After watching the RT Video you post on your OP, earlier in the week, I still said "they gotta be tough as hell"
AND, if you gotta marinate them for hours, how can they be a "spear of the moment" kinda thing ?
Guess, if you did want a bit more "Smoke', you could throw a Smoke Tube in too
I did them with some ribs i had laying selling and wasn’t expecting anything great but only way to know is to try.
So just did them with a rub and glaze at end and came out great.
I was going to give the few hour marinade a try originally but if I’m going to start putting 3-4hrs into ribs I’d rather just do them low and slow. That’s why i only did the rub. So was about 1.5hrs total from cutting board to grill to plate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back