Babyback Ribs

andyr78

Made ribs for the first time. Wanted to see which we liked better. Used the 3-2-1 method on the left, and the right was unwrapped. Started cook at 180 for the first hour, then raised the temp to 225 for the remainder of the cook. Honestly not sure I liked more. They definitely had different textures. I could see making both types in the future.
IMG_2178.jpeg

Made ribs for the first time. Wanted to see which we liked better. Used the 3-2-1 method on the left, and the right was unwrapped. Started cook at 180 for the first hour, then raised the temp to 225 for the remainder of the cook. Honestly not sure I liked more. They definitely had different textures. I could see making both types in the future.
Andy,

What a refreshing post. I enjoy anything that has experimental associated with it. Even better is the different methods you are sharing. Keep those test going as I think we can all benefit from your experiences.

View attachment 21383
Guessing the seasoning aka rubs were the same, which finished first and which was the most effort? They both look great, keep on smokin’

Guessing the seasoning aka rubs were the same, which finished first and which was the most effort? They both look great, keep on smokin’
They both started the same. Added butter, and bbq sauce when wrapping the one. As far as effort goes. Suppose I would have to say the wrapped took more effort (not that it was difficult). All I did to the unwrapped was spritz once an hour after the first 2 hours.

Looks great Andy
After watching a lot of YouTube BBQ Vids, it seems that most of the BBQ "Pros" are turning away from the 3-2-1 Method
They're going more trying different "Wrap vs. don't Wrap" Methods
We've been wrapping our BBRs (in Foil) with a bit of Smoked Lard for sometime now
Very moist and tender, Cook after Cook

Like others have said; "Keep on testing" 'till you find what works best for you and yours

Both look great! I no longer wrap mine. I rub them and then cook at 275° for three hours without opening the lid. After three hours I put some sauce on and cook them for another hour. They come out tender and smokey good in only four hours. I always use 100% hickory on pork.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back