WiFi issues - RESOLVED

Allsmokedup

Well I went for the Bull & thanks to everyone for their input. Having trouble getting grill to connect to WiFi. I have tried using iphone & iPad with no success. I verified I’m on the 2.4 side of the network. App says it’s trying connect to device & have a blinking green light beside searching for device but when it reaches 100%, it shows a connection error. Have tried multiple times with no luck. Am beyond frustrated. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Did you hold the wi-fi button on the controller until the wi-fi light started blinking quickly and then connect the app? I didn’t hold it long enough for the light to blink faster the first time and my app did exactly what yours is doing.

I did something as stupid as having two password letters backwards and it will show connection error instead of inCorrect password.

Had the same issue. Not sure if this 'fixed' it or if it was just the 6th or 7th time trying that did it. However, in my home network I have a few different extenders or access points. My iPhone was connecting to a different access point than my RT340, but on the same network. When I connected to the same wifi connection with my iPhone that the grill is connected to, then tried again, it worked the first time. It doesn't make sense to me but that's what happened. :)

Thanks to everyone for their input. I worked with Rec Tec support who did not mention renaming the SSID but are really wonderful! It did not work for him initially either however was given a couple of tIps to work with. After a couple more tries, it finally connected. ? Was about 7-9 times trying. Don’t believe did anything different, just glad it’s connected. SO NICE to be in the house or even away & keep an eye on things. Main thing I did was lower the strength on 5G to 25% & turn off broadcasting the SSID for 5G so as any broadcast will be on 2.4G. Then go just to where losing WiFi, forget network & Then rejoin. After that I tried a couple more time until it finally connected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back