RT-1070 Wifi Connection/App Issues

HTX_BBQ_BOY

Hi Everyone,

The first time I downloaded the app and followed hook-up instructions the grill worked flawless with the app. At some point, the setting button was pressed and those characters meant nothing to me, but eventually got out of them. Well, the grill lost connection with the app and now it's impossible to get the grill to connect to the app again. I've tried everything. Deleted the app and started over. Unplugged the grill and started over. Unplugged the internet router and started over. Nothing is working.

What seems to be the first problem is the grill wifi light stays solid red. I hold the button for 7-10 seconds or longer and it never starts to blink as it should.

I might need a new control board.

Any tips, please let me know.

Thanks,

Once the setting screen reaches "5-6 UF1" it won't do anything else. It doesn't matter what buttons you press. This seems like a control board issue if it won't close out of the settings menu.

Email Recteq and they will more than likely contact you in the morning.

Likely a dumb idea, but have you disconnected from power for a period of time and started again? I've always been successful with things like ovens and appliances with any kind of logic board in them being treated like any other "computer" and just doing a hard reboot.

Oh boy. Someone needs to get that new CEO off his ass to fix this problem. They obviously have bad controllers in some new 1070s it seems. Isn't the same controller in the 1250 and the new 590. Anyone having this issue with either of those? Yes I know the 1070 is the new 590 but I mean the updated 590.

Oh boy. Someone needs to get that new CEO off his ass to fix this problem. They obviously have bad controllers in some new 1070s it seems. Isn't the same controller in the 1250 and the new 590. Anyone having this issue with either of those? Yes I know the 1070 is the new 590 but I mean the updated 590.
Here you go:
1659106770248.png

I haven't been able to connect with our new mesh system and the new app unfortunately. I never had any problems until recently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back