Bull Why can't you buy pellets from Recteq?

flracer43

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Does anyone know why you can't buy pellets from rec Tec Unless you buy a grill now.

My guess would be that they just don’t want to deal with shipping on pellets only but that is just a guess. Amazon has 40 lb bags of the RT pellets for $37.50

Shipping costs could definitely be an issue. I bet the profit margin is low compared to other items they sell. Tossing them in at a low margin when selling a grill would make sense.

I bought 160lbs from Home Depot a few weeks back for $108.75, free shipping. Not sure if that's still available, but worth looking into.....seemed like a decent deal.

R

I’m guessing once their brand of pellets are gone, they are out of the pellet business. They have just promoted the Kingsford brand to death over the last 2-3 months.

I just emailed Recteq on this topic. They said the shipping issues and quality of shipping were the most contributing factors. They actually rebranded pellets as Recteq - the actual brand is Cookin Pellets.

Pit boss competition blend pellets are $14.96 at Walmart for 40 pounds. I use them in my Bull, my Bullseye's and my Trailblazer with wonderful results. I read a post once that I have tested many times. " Most taste buds cannot discern between smoke flavors". So give them a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back