Best time to buy for the cold weather?

grillingNE

Hi! My wife finally gave a tentative okay to buy a smoker and I'm hoping to purchase Rec Teq.

Is there a best time to buy?

I'm in New England as well so open to suggestions for the best option for cold weather.

You already posted the best time. When the SO signs off on it. Hurry before she changes her mind, lol. You are getting ready to hit one of the popular seasons. With all the pressure of early Christmas product launches (starting this week with Amazon Days) many manufacturers will be trying to move product. You mentioned RecTeq and they are supposed to have a big announcement this week which may put downward price pressure on their existing inventory (my guess, not based on any facts), which may prove beneficial to the price conscience speculator. I’d keep an eye on their ads. Also, Amazon days are great times to pick up your accessories. Temp probes, equipment and other devices can be reduced significantly if you shop wise. Pro-Tip: Take anything you think you want on Amazon and put it in your shopping basket. You DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT!!! Amazon will send you notices if any of the basket’s contents change in price. (You can thank me later, hehe.)

I would look into something similar to this. I have a felt welding blanket that I fold and it works very good. My one piece of advice, DO NOT have the blanket touching the bull horns or you'll learn real fast how hot the handles are!!!

You can also buy some very strong magnets that will keep the blanket on the smoker when you get some strong winds.

Both links are below.

https://www.amazon.com/Waylander-We...sprefix=welding+blankets,aps,175&sr=8-28&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MIKEDE-Magne...-17-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

“Very strong“ being the key words, they do not hold as well when they get hot. At least that was my experience.

You already posted the best time. When the SO signs off on it. Hurry before she changes her mind, lol. You are getting ready to hit one of the popular seasons. With all the pressure of early Christmas product launches (starting this week with Amazon Days) many manufacturers will be trying to move product. You mentioned RecTeq and they are supposed to have a big announcement this week which may put downward price pressure on their existing inventory (my guess, not based on any facts), which may prove beneficial to the price conscience speculator. I’d keep an eye on their ads. Also, Amazon days are great times to pick up your accessories. Temp probes, equipment and other devices can be reduced significantly if you shop wise. Pro-Tip: Take anything you think you want on Amazon and put it in your shopping basket. You DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT!!! Amazon will send you notices if any of the basket’s contents change in price. (You can thank me later, hehe.)
Thank you! I pulled the trigger on the 410!

I would look into something similar to this. I have a felt welding blanket that I fold and it works very good. My one piece of advice, DO NOT have the blanket touching the bull horns or you'll learn real fast how hot the handles are!!!

You can also buy some very strong magnets that will keep the blanket on the smoker when you get some strong winds.

Both links are below.

https://www.amazon.com/Waylander-Welding-Blanket-Temperature-Resistant/dp/B07N69SMQ1/ref=sr_1_28?crid=61VC0Z1GXVMC&keywords=welding+blankets&qid=1696798607&sprefix=welding+blankets,aps,175&sr=8-28&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/MIKEDE-Magnetic-Neodymium-Magnets-Industrial/dp/B0CF9PLR47/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?crid=1LRWXA9DSS833&keywords=super+strong+magnets&qid=1696798896&sprefix=steong+magnets,aps,136&sr=8-17-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1
Thank you! I will definitely be purchasing one of these!

My personal preference is to visit your local HD or similar box store and find their section of high performance magnets. The aren’t the pretties but their temp ranges are much better than the popular pretty looking magnets. For the difference in price, you can embed it into wood, plastic or other customer covers that can give you a “cool“ look. Another option is the Blackstone magnets. They are nice and wide, have great gripping power but unfortunately, high temperatures and strong cleaners wreak havoc on their adhesives and plastic parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back