Bull Where does everyone buy their pellets?

umami mami

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Want to experiment with different pellet brands for flavor and quality. Where does everyone buy their pellets? Who has the best prices? Went to HD the other day and all I saw were Traeger pellets, which I'm not sure if their quality...have heard conflicting feedback.

As @Pacman mentioned, there are no shortage of threads here on pellet selection If you want to use the forum search function. As another suggestion, consider using the generic Lounge forum to post new, generic threads rather than posting a generic thread in a model-specific i.e. RT-700 grill forum.

Want to experiment with different pellet brands for flavor and quality. Where does everyone buy their pellets? Who has the best prices? Went to HD the other day and all I saw were Traeger pellets, which I'm not sure if they’re quality...have heard conflicting feedback.
Local sources of pellets vary by geographic area and time of year.

One source that is frequently overlooked is local restaurant supply stores. Most will sell to the general public and usually stock one of the better brands of pellets.

Another potential source is large grocery stores. The Safeway store in my area stocks Kingsford pellets and I use their Hickory version frequently.

Then, of course, most ”big-box” stores (including Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.) will stock some brands of pellets. In the winter months, their supplies are frequently pretty low, so the choice is more limited at that time.

Good luck in your search.

Ace Hardware and Academy Sports in my area (NC) also carry pellets.

I'm on the hunt for 100% charcoal at the moment, and haven't found them yet, but they will appear one day. I work out of my car, so I'm always near a place to pop into.

As @Pacman mentioned, there are no shortage of threads here on pellet selection If you want to use the forum search function. As another suggestion, consider using the generic Lounge forum to post new, generic threads rather than posting a generic thread in a model-specific i.e. RT-700 grill forum.
I did try the search feature for "pellets" "purchase" "buy" etc., but it didn't return anything helpful, but thanks for the tip on asking in the generic lounge.

I did try the search feature for "pellets" "purchase" "buy" etc., but it didn't return anything helpful, but thanks for the tip on asking in the generic lounge.
Did any of the sources in this thread and the one linked above help, or are you still looking for suggestions?

BTW, recteq is having a site-wide sale now, and while it’s not a big discount, their pellets are pretty good quality.

Did any of the sources in this thread and the one linked above help, or are you still looking for suggestions?

BTW, recteq is having a site-wide sale now, and while it’s not a big discount, their pellets are pretty good quality.
Oh yeah...looked at the links provided and got some great info!

saw charcoal pellets at Lowes the other day when I was picking up some applewood ones
Both Lowes in my area only carry the charcoal blend pellets, unfortunately. Hopefully they'll turn up when they flip inventory for the season.

I just received 4 bags from Recteq. The Ultimate Blend have been great for me. Our local restaurant store had a sale on Bear Mountain last fall, so I grabbed a few of those.

If you want to give Cookin' Pellets a try go to : https://cookinpellets.com/ and search for a dealer near you.

The other option is to order them on Amazon. Not surprisingly a 40lb bag costs more on Amazon (even with prime) than at the dealer.

If you have a The Restaurant Store local to you, they sell Bear Mountain wood pellets for super cheap. You can have them ship it to you, but the cost of shipping equals out to paying full price for a 20lb bag. I got 6 20lb bags for less than $60. Lol. Here is the link: https://www.therestaurantstore.com/search/Bear%20mountain
1288DF88-EC57-4960-847C-102456F386BB.png

Want to experiment with different pellet brands for flavor and quality. Where does everyone buy their pellets? Who has the best prices? Went to HD the other day and all I saw were Traeger pellets, which I'm not sure if their quality...have heard conflicting feedback.
I have been using Sam's Club SmokeHouse Pellets. I personally prefer them over the Traeger pellets, and you can't beat the price.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/premium-...xnZl9Y6pEYqUUG5hLB-qNz-WtmqgWAYxoCz4MQAvD_BwE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back