Stampede Where to hang tools?

Sealion

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I am really enjoying my RT 590. It has a consistency and predictability I never enjoyed on my Traeger.

I have seen the DIY front shelves and will likely add one soon, but for now, I find it challenging to mange tools during a cook.

What have you found that works well?

Personally, I never hang tools during a cook. They just drip the crud on the tools all over whatever is underneath on the ground. I keep a paper plate on the side shelf to rest the tools on.

Personally, I never hang tools during a cook. They just drip the crud on the tools all over whatever is underneath on the ground. I keep a paper plate on the side shelf to rest the tools on.
It's good to know I'm not the only person that does this. It bugs the heck out of me having grease and food hanging about and dripping on the mat or my deck.

Paper plate or I bring the tools in and rest it on the kitchen counter... let the wife clean up after me. :D :D

i leave my brush on the rear hopper lid and tools for the cook on the side shelf. a plates a good idea. i normal make a greasy mess and wipe it up with a wet wipe

If you really want somewhere to hang your tools and add a shelf, I have put one on like this Hanger but I don't use it to be honest. I just put them on my tray for similar reasons above.

shelf.jpeg

Last edited:
I like my silicone Blackstone Spatula Mat. Got it at Lowes a while back for maybe $10. Not as cheap as a paper plate, but does what it's supposed to, and easy dishwasher clean up.

Attachments

• BAB4F7E4-8C28-4A89-849F-F633326D76D3.jpeg
    BAB4F7E4-8C28-4A89-849F-F633326D76D3.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 88
  • BB4E34E1-DB58-40DD-A521-6821FC92CAD1.jpeg
    BB4E34E1-DB58-40DD-A521-6821FC92CAD1.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 105
I am really enjoying my RT 590. It has a consistency and predictability I never enjoyed on my Traeger.

I have seen the DIY front shelves and will likely add one soon, but for now, I find it challenging to mange tools during a cook.

What have you found that works well?
I use the magnetic hooks from Harbor Freight. They are strong and you can move them around or just take them off if you decide you don’t want them anymore. I put some black tape on the back of the magnet to make sure the grill finish wasn’t blemished. I placed my hooks right beneath the handle on the left side so the cover would not catch on them.

Most of the time my tools aren’t dripping grease. If they are then a quick wipe with a paper towel which I always have handy and they are good to go. You do need to keep a watch out for the pooches if they are near by. Our Yorkie is banned from the deck when I’m cooking because of one previous infraction.

I just looked up the hooks and they have color choices now, one is black.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back