What does your grilling area look like?

How do you keep water from dripping from your deck onto your lower level kitchen? Or perhaps you don’t? That‘s what I struggling with right now.

My deck, before I built the paver/patio addition earlier this summer.
@Greg Jones - My Bull is under my one story high deck on a concrete patio. I was going to install an under deck ceiling, but some of them get pretty expensive, so I ran across a contractor tip to use Standing Seam Metal Roofing and have it painted on the reverse side to match the deck color. My deck is IPE (Ironwood), stained a dark brown/red, so I had the roofing painted dark brown on both sides. It was installed with a slope for drainage emptying into a gutter at the end. Here are pics of that type of roofing from Sheffield Metals on a house and what mine looks like under the deck before the grill arrived. The grill is now to the right.

Attachments

• article-what-is-standing-seam-metal-roofing-comparisons-types-uses-main.jpg
    article-what-is-standing-seam-metal-roofing-comparisons-types-uses-main.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0315.JPG
    15.3 MB · Views: 99
Nothing fancy, but here's my space. The griddle is a new addition to the arsenal, and I'll soon be building a cedar bench to replace the sawhorses that it is sitting on.

Attachments

• porch.png
    porch.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
All of the pic so far are very nice. I thought that my grill game was pretty good until I saw the dedicated sheds and the like.. I still have to stand in the rain if I'm gonna go in the weather. I can't wait till the time that I have more property and can build on of those.
A88D006F-21A0-4426-9B4D-CD4981691519_1_105_c.jpeg

Not real fancy but you play the cards you‘re dealt. The other 4 grills are in their own space. Can’t let the cows roam with the Bull. The queen sized bed swing on the right comes in handy during long cooks.

1601581513485.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my grilling area as now.
Just wanting to see what everyone else’s looks like to see where I could improve.

Attachments

• 70FF5EFD-337C-4841-9C60-2EFCB8DF461F.jpeg
    70FF5EFD-337C-4841-9C60-2EFCB8DF461F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 76
  • 3966403F-1ADE-4610-B872-AB468A8B2740.jpeg
    3966403F-1ADE-4610-B872-AB468A8B2740.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 523781FD-FDA4-4D07-9BE7-CB81FCD70144.jpeg
    523781FD-FDA4-4D07-9BE7-CB81FCD70144.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
@Sdyork - awesome setup! Trust furious and potato is great looking. And the carts by the bull are nice! Custom or purchased?
@Sdyork - awesome setup! Trust furious and potato is great looking. And the carts by the bull are nice! Custom or purchased
Purchased

Keter Unity XL Portable Outdoor Table and Storage Cabinet​

Love them for the price; Nice sturdy and functional

All of the pic so far are very nice. I thought that my grill game was pretty good until I saw the dedicated sheds and the like.. I still have to stand in the rain if I'm gonna go in the weather. I can't wait till the time that I have more property and can build on of those. View attachment 6641
Whats the table for the OONI?

This is my grilling area as now.
Just wanting to see what everyone else’s looks like to see where I could improve.
Where did you get the overhang thing? Is it bolted down or heavy enough on its own?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back