Stampede What accessories do you use

I guess the only accessory I have a piece of 1/4" window screen to grill bacon.
I would be careful with “window screen.” First, these days most true “window screen” (the fine-mesh stuff) is plastic. ‘Nuff said about that.

Larger mesh screen (like the 1/4-inch mentioned) is usually galvanized steel. That’s not really something I want in contact with my food either. Even stainless steel screen (unless it is food grade) might not be the best choice.

For cooking small items, the commercially produced cooking grill mats are the better choice, IMHO. YMMV

Stuff I bought and actually use:

Thermoworks instant read and Signals probe thermometers (their temp alarm notifications work)
BBQ gloves (multiple pairs so I don't worry about getting them dirty)
Baking sheets with wire racks in a couple of sizes (full sheets and 1/3) from a restaurant supply place. Makes taking food in and out of the grill easy and doesn't make a mess in my fridge after applying rub.
Pizza screens
Butcher paper in a big roll.

I have Grill Grates, the cooking mats, a Lodge griddle, etc., but those are all sort of for special things.

Oh I also have some large food service tubs and buckets for brining, corning, etc.

Good Instant read thermometer
Remote thermometer, 2 channel
HD spatchula
HF tongs, with teeth
Pizza screen
Grill cleaner for probes
Meat injector
Coffee grinder for pepper
Pink butcher paper

I realize this an old thread but I am an old guy and have exhausted my search ideas.

Question is what hi-heat gloves does anyone use that I can pull some food grade (nitrile or other) gloves over and still retain dexterity? I have some hi temp clown gloves and they work great for what I got them for but limited use. I see MC and RT using some but no mention of what they.

I realize this an old thread but I am an old guy and have exhausted my search ideas.

Question is what hi-heat gloves does anyone use that I can pull some food grade (nitrile or other) gloves over and still retain dexterity? I have some hi temp clown gloves and they work great for what I got them for but limited use. I see MC and RT using some but no mention of what they.
The Ove-Glove steam are great. I wonder if they're still available 🤔

Any white cotton work gloves. I use this system all the time, including today. Note, the grey/white gloves in the picture are sharp (no-cut) gloves. They work also, but only for lower temps.
IMG_1568.jpeg

A good digital thermometer is a must (I use a ThermoWorks lollipop)
Good set of gloves
2nd level rack
sharp knives
cutting board
folding shelf
cold beer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back