RT-1250 Just ordered my 1250, time for accessories

somemayo

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hi all thanks everyone in the welcome forum for all their help in purchasing the 1250. But now that it’s on order wanted to get people opinions on the accessories that I should get:
Smoke tube
Cover
Upgrade wheels (I have seen some people with upgraded wheels, figured would be best to do when I assemble it the first time)

Not sure if anyone has got one but I was think about getting an induction cooktop for above the controller unit, kind make it similar to the new traeger timberline

Anything else you guys can think of or have that you love let me know.

Meat, more meat, and then some meat. Maybe a salad.....nah more meat.

A good spritzing bottle, some peach paper, a quality knife, and seasonings. I usually put some wood chips right on the heat deflector instead of using a smoke tube.

Not sure if anyone has got one but I was think about getting an induction cooktop for above the controller unit, kind make it similar to the new traeger timberline
I actually keep an induction burner outside in my BBQ tool cart, and with that power port on the 1250 it’s a natural fit.

I actually keep an induction burner outside in my BBQ tool cart, and with that power port on the 1250 it’s a natural fit.
What induction burner do you have and what does your toll chart look like

What induction burner do you have and what does your toll chart look like
I wrote a pretty long piece with pictures of the cart Here. It sits on my deck now-here is a picture of it today.
IMG_1569.jpeg

My outdoor induction unit is the Duxtop 9600LS. I don’t know how long this model has been available, but I bought mine 5 years ago and I still see the 9600LS taking the top spot in induction reviewer’s budget category.

Congrats on your purchase. Now, if I may, let me suggest that you take a deep breath and focus on the basics before adding major accessories; there will be plenty of time for that a little later.

@Dr.Floyd provides a good starting point in his post. Add some insulated gloves, a quality instant-read probe thermometer and a pair of tongs for turning things on the grill. A cover for the grill would be good too; it doesn’t have to be RT OEM either.

After a few cooks, you will start to learn what else you’ll want/need. Take it slow and enjoy the ride!

I wrote a pretty long piece with pictures of the cart Here. It sits on my deck now-here is a picture of it today.
View attachment 19545
My outdoor induction unit is the Duxtop 9600LS. I don’t know how long this model has been available, but I bought mine 5 years ago and I still see the 9600LS taking the top spot in induction reviewer’s budget category.
Awesome thanks for the information.

I saw that some people put a gasket around the lid. Have any of you guys done that?

Last edited:
There's so much......

Like mentioned above;

1. Insulated gloves.

2. GOOD Quality thermometer. Buy once, cry once. I have a Thermoworks "Signals" that I'm quite happy with.

3. Yes, seal the lid(s). Stops the "clangin' and bangin'", If nothing else.

4. Tongs. The ones with the black plastic covers are a pain because they are thick. Just buy the "lesser" ones that are stainless with no covers on the tips.

5. If you aren't going to move your grill, don't mess with caster replacement. It's a major PITA. You may have to eventually, but it's kind of like a root canal. Put it off as long as possible.

6. Smoke tube ? Sure. $20.00 will gain you a lot of experience, for next to nothing.

7. Pellets ? I like Costco. Bunch of guys here like Bear Mountain. I haven't tried them, so I probably don't know what I am missing.

8. Spray bottles ? Don't waste your money with the cheap, squeeze type. Every one of them that I've ever had has failed by the third use. Buy the type that has a separate ait pump, like this;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0943XK3LN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wouldn't recommend this specific one. The tip/spray adjustment is pretty coarse. But, it works. And it works better than the squeeze type.

9. Stainless prep table on casters. I get a lot of use out of mine, money well spent;

https://www.amazon.com/AmGood-Stainless-Undershelf-Certified-Restaurant/dp/B07K4VD2HJ/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=stainless+steel+food+prep+table&qid=1688495262&sr=8-13&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685

10. Heavy duty Aluminum Foil, 18" wide.

11. BIG Teak cutting board, with blood grooves and a good knife.

12. Nordicware Aluminum baking pan(s).

https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-...1688495558&sprefix=nordicware,aps,157&sr=8-13

Last edited:
Spray bottles ? Don't waste your money with the cheap, squeeze type. Every one of them that I've ever had has failed by the third use. Buy the type that has a separate ait pump, like this;
I‘ve used, and been frustrated with, both styles. If one goes with the squeeze type, try the ZEP bottles that you will find in the cleaning section of your BORG. Absolutely will not disappoint.

I‘ve used, and been frustrated with, both styles. If one goes with the squeeze type, try the ZEP bottles that you will find in the cleaning section of your BORG. Absolutely will not disappoint.
I didn't have any luck with them. Glad yours are working :)

@Greg Jones, I saw those spray bottles the other day at my local Ace Hardware, but even looking at the labeling could not determine whether they were food-grade plastic. I’m pretty picky about using food-grade stuff in my cooking. Do you know if they are actually food grade?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back