Bull Temp Chart lost all data

kenglishpc

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
GRR. Temp chart completely started over about 10 minutes ago. Lost all data on my first cook (over night since about 8pm).

Same thing happened to me.. Been cooking for 14 hours and all data was long. I got the out of parameter error.
I could never get the charts to function correctly on long over night cooks on the 1.5.4 old app. I've haven't tried using the grill since I got the latest 1.6.0 update this past weekend because the Bull is being modified to my likes and needs as we speak. I thought I read a post somewhere on FB that the charts were working great on longer cooks, I can't remember what phone they were using.

I did see a request to actually export all the data points for record keeping. I love that idea. I do performance testing as a career and I love data science! I would think the data for the charts is being stored on the rec tec servers and should be available via an API.

I did see a request to actually export all the data points for record keeping. I love that idea. I do performance testing as a career and I love data science! I would think the data for the charts is being stored on the rec tec servers and should be available via an API.
This would be great.

There may be a time limit on the data storage...14 hrs is a long cook..but a call to RecTec would probably answer that. ? The times that error popped up for me I just refreshed and it came back.

I also really love data, it helps you repeat the same awesome cook you just had!

Hi All My Ret Teq App/phone kept losing data yesterday. This is NOT the first time this has happen? Anyone know what is going on with this problem? Is there a fix? It has become at times MPIA.
Thanks Dan

Mine was fine yesterday. Lost the connection while moving around outside, but that was likely me on the fringes of my WiFi going between that and my mobile data. Nothing to do with my RT, the app or the server.

Hi All The temp chart problem did it again to me. After 2 hrs NO data.What is wrong with this app and why is RT not fixing it.:unsure: Error mess..No chart data available..request frequency limit error
Dan

I've tried changing the units to 15 or 30min by default at the start of a cook and still get that frequency limit error. Almost to the point where I'm ready to buy a third party thermometer system

Hi All I did get a
I've tried changing the units to 15 or 30min by default at the start of a cook and still get that frequency limit error. Almost to the point where I'm ready to buy a third party thermometer system

I did get call from RT and was told to do,what you did and what I've been trying with no luck. I really don't WHY RT can fix this problem?
It is a good thing I have my FireBoard 2 to keep track of times.
Dan

Hi I give up data chart App. This is the 3rd time in row I have gotten NO chart data available? I spoke with a RT rep just the other day, and he told me what to do..Change the unit time, did it many times with NO luck..One would think that RT would have an answer for this problem,since I'm not the only one with this problem. Next time I fire up the 590 I will use my FB #2 to give me ALL the information I want.That way I won't have to worry IF the App is going to work or NOT.
Dan

Hi All It happen once again.After 2 hrs the error mess: "No Chart Data Available". What gives with this funky App. I did what I was told by RT to do go to a 30 min setting, still get the error mess.? I'm sure I am NOT the only one with this problem. IF RT is listening maybe they should contact FireBoard. FB app works ALL the time.
Dan
PS Now the smoke is done the Temp Chart showed up..I think it is messing with me.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back