RT-1250 Probe Temp-B and Actual-Temp Not Right in App Temp Chart

JayBo66

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
This is my second smoke on my new RT-1250. The controller read-outs are good and the app on my android shows the same (Set Point) temp,( Actual) temp, (Probe-A) temp, and (Probe-B) temp on the read out screen under my grill in the App. However, when you go the the (Temperature Chart) (Probe-A) reads the actual temp of (Probe-B) and (Probe-B) stays at 0 degrees. The (Actual Temp) reads 30 degrees all the time and I believe the (Probe-A) which is actually the reading of probe-b is now stuck at 117 degrees. This App has something horribly screwed up with it.
I just checked everything again before posting this and the App Main Screen reads (Set Point) 235 degrees, (Actual) 235 degrees, (Probe-A) 107 degrees, and (Probe-B) 124 degrees. The Temperature Chart screen shows (Set Point) 235 degrees, (Actual) 30 degrees, (Probe-A) 117 degrees, and (Probe-B) 0 degrees.

Has anyone experienced this and know what the fix is??
Thanks

Attachments

• Main Screen.jpg
    Main Screen.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Temp Chart.jpg
    Temp Chart.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 90
My 1250 is doing the exact same thing. Recteq told me to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app. I tried that and it didn't do anything different.
Screenshot_20210821-110137_recteq.jpg

I hope RT gets a handle on these apps because it's getting entirely out of hand IMO, one would think & hope this is resolved sooner than later !

Do you not have the updated app yet?

I have no confidence in the app. Almost ruined several cooks. I suggest using a third party temp solution.

Have you guys contacted RT about this? I’m sure any feedback or bugs would be welcomed. If I was the dev, I sure would want to know.

I have a maverick that recteq sold before they had wifi. Model et-732

Gave up on wifi and went to thermoworks smoke X. It works great and you can set temp with app or by hand.

Yeah, I tend to use my Weber iGrill 2 instead of the probes in the RT.

I'm grabbing a Signals here pretty quick myself. I want to save data on cooks, and this will do it.

My1250 is doing the same thing. Probe A stays at under 100, despite actual temp and probe B is M.I.A. on the temp chart. WTF.

Yeah, I tend to use my Weber iGrill 2 instead of the probes in the RT.

I'm grabbing a Signals here pretty quick myself. I want to save data on cooks, and this will do it.
The Signals is good. Just make sure you check the probes with ice water. I had two bad probes for no apparent reason.

I was thinking that I had no problems with the rec teq wifi controller until this past Saturday.

I am not too sure what happened but when I got back my grill was turned off and I had to restart then go through the shutdown procedure to get it going again. Sort of strange that since it was off I had to turn it on then shut it off before restarting.

At the same time I found that my Android based rec teq app no longer would connect to the grill. I figured Ok the poor baby is just confused. So when everything shut down I plugged the grill back in and no joy on finding the grill. I then opened my wireless router and discovered that the grill is not on the network, now it may be that the app is on the network not the grill.

With that thought I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it from the Play Store and tried to connect to the grill standing about 2 ft away. My phone was on my 2.4 GHz network. The app asked me for my email and password. I assumed it wanted my recteq password....no joy. Ok, says I, lets go for the wifi password. Now the recteq app will not even go to the ask for password step even after app uninstall and reinstall.

The little red wifi light on the grill is merrily rapidly blinking even after being unplugged a couple of times.

Now I am not a complete network whiz but no Luddite either.

I guess I will call Georgia tomorrow AM. The app would be handy for a brisket I plan to cook later in the week but I don't want the grill to shut down in the middle of the night. I figure looking out the window at the grill display is not that much of an inconvenience when compared with the possibility of a ruined brisket.

I spoke to tech-support a couple weeks ago about the android app. I was told that it would be a couple months before they released the same version that is currently on iOS. I too found the temperature not to be accurate in the app. I’ll take it one further and say that the app did not match up with my Thermoworks either. When I watch the app even in the iOS version on my iPad, The temperature said it was steady at 220. My Thermoworks which I have more trust in with showing Plus or -10° temperature swings. Not sure what to think it this point.

Not seeing short temp swings is normal for my RT. Can't tell you if that's the way they set it up purposely, but it's what it is.

For me it's good enough.

Fireboard not thermoworks. Apparently I shouldn't type when I'm half asleep. I'm sure the temperature swings are normal. Even your modern ovens have temperature swings of around 10 degrees. I've monitored my oven previously with my fireboard when completing a pork butt. I don't think it's an issue at all but I think that they have an algorithm in their app that does not show the real swings. I'm sure my food doesn't care, just my OCD.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back