BigDan

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. Stampede
  3. RT-1250
Never had this happen before, any suggestions? Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Never had this happen before, any suggestions? Should I uninstall and reinstall?
It would work if everyone would stop cooking! 🤣 I have it happen constantly on holidays. The RT chosen servers are evidently not scalable so what capacity they do have is already at max. You might see it show up later or even tomorrow.

Be thankful if that is all that's not working.. user load on holidays typically break notifications also.

Kind of BS, as far as privacy concerns are mattered. why would an app need a server to handle the data between my cooker, the WiFi router, and my smart phone. Seems like another way to mine consumer data and expose them to hacking data theft or Recteq just selling the data to whoever wants to pay for it.

Biggest disappointment about this purchase is the app, it was also the reason i paid the premium for the 380X over the older 380.

This app could do some cool things if they put the effort into it and made the investment. Wouldn’t it be cool if we could add pics to our notes along with a working temp chart, insert some data point like when the lid opens, or other events? Be interesting to see others prep and grill food, take some pics, load the logs and post it to a forum or social media platform. Currently the app is just a power switch and temp adjuster, which is rather weak tech considering the possibilities.

Well I smoked my bird Wednesday night so I could use the bull to cook all the sides on Thursday while the oven bird cooked. Kinda expected the servers to suck yesterday.

Stopped working for me after the last app update. I sent off an email yesterday to support, haven’t heard back yet due to the holiday weekend.

This has been a known issue and Rectec will not or cannot fix it. Every holiday new users come to the forum and report this. I wish there were a way to let every potential Rectec customer know this before they purchased. When it started hurting sales they might be motivated to fix it. Can you imagine other products loosing important features every holiday?
What if my cell phone worked great except on Thanksgiving it wouldn’t receive texts?

What if your television came on but every holiday the remote stopped working just for that day?

What if your wife was always wonderful but on Christmas refused to wash dishes? Just kidding!

I know those are silly examples but rectec is being derelict with a very important issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back