Bull Storage Question

mwshort

Have my RT700 stored on my back patio under a Unicook cover (no roof). Is this sufficient to keep rain out? Don't want to be dealing with pellet jams. Sorry if the is a complete newbie question that has been answered 1000 times.

Have my RT700 stored on my back patio under a Unicook cover (no roof). Is this sufficient to keep rain out? Don't want to be dealing with pellet jams. Sorry if the is a complete newbie question that has been answered 1000 times.
Hey, I am new too and don't be afraid to ask, all are here to help is my experience.

I have both of my grills under a covered porch. First got the 590 with a cover and then bought the 380 without cover. I live in Georgia and the weather has been wild. I did buy a cover for my 380 as we had rain blowing 90 degrees so I need to protect my grills! But NO issues.

Done maybe 5 cooks on the 590 and maybe 6 or 7 on the 380. I think they are both terrific grills!

I too have seen several issues on the forum and i think it is wise to pay attention, however I would not be alarmed. I think things happen and that does not we all have to panic! I do trust the community and listen...
My 2 cents worth and what I have learned!

I trust RT to back up the grills as they have done so far.

Which cover do you have for the Bull? Looking to buy the same for my Bull
Thanks

Mine is stored slightly under a balcony and I move it out on the lawn for cooks, but I leave it uncovered Spring-Fall and put the rectec cover on for the winter. It gets rained on quite a bit and I've never had an issue with moisture or stuck/jammed augers.

image.jpg

Covered with Unicook cover

My thought is let it breathe if the weather is nice and only cover if it's going to rain.

I don't understand what's going on with their covers. At some point they had a cover that fit properly. I got it free since I picked mine up. I'll post a pic here but here's another discussion thread on the cover.

PXL_20210430_221033683.jpg

I have the RecTec cover for the bull and leave it outside all year long, the only thing i have noticed is that condensation does build up under the cover. But it has not caused an issue with the grill or the pellets yet. I just take the cover off on nice days to get air in there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back