Bullseye St. Louis Ribs

sweeter94626

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Good day everyone,

Today I'm moving from my comfort zone of cooking babybacks on a ceramic smoker to trying a rib on the bullseye. I'm looking at not wrapping this one after reading several posts on here. When using my grill dome I have always wrapped for an hour or 2. What has been your experiences with the bullseye doing ribs.
Look forward to any responses.

I use the restraunt quality wide foil you can pick up at costco or Gordon food service, if you have one close.
I bought some of that butcher paper I see several people use. I’m torn on whether or not to just try it without the crutch method. I’ll sit some burgers out in case I have an epic failure.

I bought some of that butcher paper I see several people use. I’m torn on whether or not to just try it without the crutch method. I’ll sit some burgers out in case I have an epic failure.
I rely on the 3-2-1 method almost always. I enjoy a more tender rib and the fat rendered as possible. I have never used butcher paper so I’ll be curious to see what you have found out. Good luck!

You could run the ribs without wrapping unless they start looking like they are turning into jerky. If they start drying out you can always change your mind and wrap with some added moisture.

Good luck!
I’ve got this pork shoulder on right now. Started at 1000hrs this morning @ 225 with a smoke tube. I ran at 225 for 2hrs and I just bumped it up to 275. I’m gonna run that for 4hrs and check the temp for wrapping. I am wrapping because I am on shift tomorrow and I want to reheat it without drying it out. I want to get to about 190 with the wrap and then pull it. I will reheat it in the oven tomorrow, still wrapped, for dinner at 1800. Fingers crossed it turns out like I have it planned. I did a brisket in the same manner with temps close to finish temps and it landed perfect after the reheat for dinner. Wish me luck!

856A22A4-C9EE-412D-BB75-E539642519A3.jpeg

I’ve got this pork shoulder on right now. Started at 1000hrs this morning @ 225 with a smoke tube. I ran at 225 for 2hrs and I just bumped it up to 275. I’m gonna run that for 4hrs and check the temp for wrapping. I am wrapping because I am on shift tomorrow and I want to reheat it without drying it out. I want to get to about 190 with the wrap and then pull it. I will reheat it in the oven tomorrow, still wrapped, for dinner at 1800. Fingers crossed it turns out like I have it planned. I did a brisket in the same manner with temps close to finish temps and it landed perfect after the reheat for dinner. Wish me luck!

View attachment 17280
Looks amazing brother.

I always wrap, we like the fall off of the bone and it does keep them moist. Love to hear how they turn out! Just keep an eye on the Bullseye, not as stable as the other grills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back