Show us what you're cooking...

I was too hungry for more/better pics, but first are burgers after an hour at 180°, then I rested them while I got to 700°, 2 minutes per side, and straight to the finished product, with American, MLTO.
IMG_4436.jpeg
IMG_4439.jpeg

Just put a Tri-Tip on the Trailblazer for tonite’s dinner. It is our 60th wedding anniversary today but the family is celebrating it with us on Sunday so dinner-for-two was needed tonite. We like Tri-Tip, so it was an easy choice. Got it on at 200F and expect about a 2-hour cook plus a significant rest time.

View attachment 19836
Jim,

Congrats on your anniversary. Wishing you guys another 60 years of bliss.

Jim,

Congrats on your anniversary. Wishing you guys another 60 years of bliss.
Thanks, @SmokeZilla, but I’m not sure either of us want another 60 years. At our age, we’ll settle for a max of about 20. Neither of us actually invented fire, but we were there when it happened. :ROFLMAO:

We do appreciate your kind thoughts, however.

Needed a quick easy meal the other night. Found Zatarain's andouille sausage and some peppers on sale. Grabbed a couple onions. It didn't suck. Should have chopped more garlic...

QYLwwMnl.jpg

yAkUcxNl.jpg

Uh... Why aren't my images showing up?

I’ve considered pastrami but they’re only 2 of us and we can only so many Reuben’s. So what do you do, eat it for a week or freeze some? Looks great by the way.

It's just the two of us as well. I cut into serving size, vacuum seal and then freeze.
Do you by chance have a meat slicer/slice it before freezing ? I would guess that most meats would dry out when sliced/froze. OTOH, maybe not.

I don't have a slicer, but have considered getting one. I've made a number of batches of pork belly bacon. It's come out quite good and that would be partial justification for buying a slicer. But, having to hand slice bacon means the slices will be thicker............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back