Show us what you're cooking...

Yeah, it turned out OK...

IMG_3921.jpeg

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

Got whole packer on last night ground my fat this morning put it on this morning for some tallow!

20230704_091303.jpg

The prime rib was one of the best things I've made. The pork wasn't my best work. It was still decent... I think maybe it was the meat. Just not as fatty as I would have liked.

Weather doesn't look great here this weekend, so actually might not smoke anything :oops:
Although it is almost 'chili weather' and football is back, so I probably need to stock up on left-overs to put in my chili. Ever throw your leftovers in chili? Or smoked some ground beef for it? It's pretty fantastic. Chili recipe thread anyone?
…Blue…
Have you tried an overnight brine? I like Hawaiian style. Cut up some peaches, mangos, papaya, nectarines and add the mixture to some orange juice and coconut juice, pepper, kosher salt, sage, and brown sugar. Let them marinade overnight. Re-season with some cayenne and just a light dusting of K-salt. Put on smoker at about 245 till the meat reaches 125-130F, wrap in foil for 20 minutes to capture the carry over and get your grill up to 500F and reverse sear those puppies to 140-145F. Good eating for all!!!

Enjoy

I just did BB ribs yesterday. They were perhaps some of the worst ribs I’ve ve ever cooked! The wife didn’t fire me, so I promise to do better next
I had one of eight racks that went wrong. The only thing that I can think of is it was on the far left bottom grate of my 700. It may have been a little bigger. Also used the large shelf for the first time. Could have been a tough hog 🤷‍♂️.

6 hrs in for two pork butts, one at 160 and the other at 162, just waiting for the deluge to let up even though I have my canopy already up, before I wrap them. Taking them to my parents in WV manana for a family gathering celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. We need the rain here in Va. Glad I cut the grass earlier this afternoon. Huzzah!
PXL_20230707_191259986.jpg

6 hrs in for two pork butts, one at 160 and the other at 162, just waiting for the deluge to let up even though I have my canopy already up, before I wrap them. Taking them to my parents in WV manana for a family gathering celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. We need the rain here in Va. Glad I cut the grass earlier this afternoon. Huzzah!View attachment 19586
Congratulations to your parents on their 65th. It takes good old fashioned commitment and love for 2 people to create a team that strong for that many years!!! I am hopeful they/you enjoy the family gathering. I wish you all blessings for the event and all the moments that follow.

New adventure for me-cooking a boneless leg of lamb for taco Tuesday tonight. Matt @ Meat Church did a video on this recently, although his was bone-in. This was what my Costco had available. 🤞🏻
View attachment 19601
Ooooohhhh, you’re gonna love it. We do leg of lamb on the grill fairly frequently and it is a family favorite. If I want to speed things up, I butterfly it and lay it flat on the grill. When trussed up like yours, I like to do it on the gas grill with the rotisserie and a smoke tube or two to add just a little extra flavor.

And, since we like our lamb on the rare side, I usually pull it at an IT of 125-128F and let it coast up to the mid-130’s during a 30-minute or longer rest.

The Ferrari is in the shop for a tune-up or I’d be headed your way right now, pedal-to-the-metal! :ROFLMAO:

And, since we like our lamb on the rare side, I usually pull it at an IT of 125-128F and let it coast up to the mid-130’s during a 30-minute or longer rest.
Well dang, that’s a challenge! Matt cooked his to 165°’ then wrapped and cooked to 200°. I’m already to 150° IT-suggestions?

PS: this smells AMAZING now, not at all like when I opened the bag!

Last edited:
Well dang, that’s a challenge! Matt cooked his to 165°’ then wrapped and cooked to 200°. I’m already to 150° IT-suggestions?

PS: this smells AMAZING now, not at all like when I opened the bag!
Well, to each their own. Let us know how it is cooked that way, and then you might try it o/n the rare side next time for comparison.

I’m envious; all I’ve got on the grill tonite is chicken thighs. Trying the baking powder trick to see if it crisps up the skin.

Sounds like we’re both in uncharted territory today. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back