Show us what you're cooking...

Trying to cut back on the carbs again.
Steak, tomato/olive salad and slaw.

IMG_0104.jpeg

From the leftover department, I used up the last of the pulled pork in wontons last night with homemade sweet and sour sauce. My filling could have used more work (I'm thinking kimchee instead of regular cabbage that I had leftover from coleslaw) and my sauce wasn't a big hit, but it was something new to try.

IMG_0264 (1).jpeg

From the leftover department, I used up the last of the pulled pork in wontons last night with homemade sweet and sour sauce. My filling could have used more work (I'm thinking kimchee instead of regular cabbage that I had leftover from coleslaw) and my sauce wasn't a big hit, but it was something new to try.

View attachment 21838
That’s the way to think outside the box! And, it is a great way to learn something as well. I get stuck in the box way too often.

Cooking a couple of racks of Berkshire St. Louis ribs. We call these “Special Occasion“ ribs because of the $$$. The special occasion is that my wife requested them.View attachment 19456
very late to comment on this (I'm new to the forum) but curious about the "lifter" and the small grate details. Seems like a good idea to maybe get the ribs a little higher off the heat source AND to keep a cleaner drip tray. I assume those were the goals anyhow. Thanks.

very late to comment on this (I'm new to the forum) but curious about the "lifter" and the small grate details. Seems like a good idea to maybe get the ribs a little higher off the heat source AND to keep a cleaner drip tray. I assume those were the goals anyhow. Thanks.
First of all welcome to the forum.
I used the grate for exactly those reasons. Makes cleanup super easy and I prefer the protein further away from the heat source.. The Green Mountain Grills rack is from Amazon and is very solid (except for the collapsing legs) though I see it’s almost doubled in price since 2022. They also have a larger size. Just make sure you check the height of any rack you buy to make sure you can fit a pan underneath if you don’t want to use foil and also that you keep the headroom you need.

First of all welcome to the forum.
I used the grate for exactly those reasons. Makes cleanup super easy and I prefer the protein further away from the heat source.. The Green Mountain Grills rack is from Amazon and is very solid (except for the collapsing legs) though I see it’s almost doubled in price since 2022. They also have a larger size. Just make sure you check the height of any rack you buy to make sure you can fit a pan underneath if you don’t want to use foil and also that you keep the headroom you need.
got it, thanks sir! I never did smoke much on the lower grate of my WSM and have seen some known channels put things on upper shelves.

My soon to arrive 590 doesnt have multiple levels so I will try to employ this. Good stuff, tool in the toolbox and all!

Ok, here goes nothing. I know you master chefs do this all in your sleep, but I just finished prepping 46 pounds of Wagyu brisket for my guys this weekend. It will be my biggest cook to date and thanks to someone else paying for meat, I went for top quality.

I thought I'd try the long "soak time" of probably around 22 hours with the rub this time around. I also injected the flats with beef broth which has always worked well for me. In other news, my garage fridge looks like a crime scene when a couple of the cryovac bags decided to leak a bit after defrosting.

IMG_0272.jpeg

Ok, here goes nothing. I know you master chefs do this all in your sleep, but I just finished prepping 46 pounds of Wagyu brisket for my guys this weekend. It will be my biggest cook to date and thanks to someone else paying for meat, I went for top quality.

I thought I'd try the long "soak time" of probably around 22 hours with the rub this time around. I also injected the flats with beef broth which has always worked well for me. In other news, my garage fridge looks like a crime scene when a couple of the cryovac bags decided to leak a bit after defrosting.

View attachment 21923
Wow!!! That’s an ambitious project. Good luck. At least, you went for top-notch ingredients and I think that will make a difference. Your “guys” will certainly be appreciative.

IMG_2212.jpeg
IMG_1155.jpeg
Nothing special here, but brisket burger I cooked up, ground myself on a bed of lettuce, fries, onion, a Wickles Pickle, and fresh tomato and cucumber from South Carolina.

Oh, something else I cooked up 24 years ago. My son is a LT on an air base in Germany and they are all about NATO missions and joint projects. The Netherlands invited 20 officers from his base to participate in paratrooper certification and he said Hell Yes! Two days of training and 5 jumps later he was 1 of only 4 of the original group that completed the training. He’s now officially paratrooper certified with the wings and this is something that the Air Force would never have offered to him. Air Force officers apparently have a thing about jumping out of perfectly functioning aircraft!

View attachment 21924View attachment 21925Nothing special here, but brisket burger I cooked up, ground myself on a bed of lettuce, fries, onion, a Wickles Pickle, and fresh tomato and cucumber from South Carolina.

Oh, something else I cooked up 24 years ago. My son is a LT on an air base in Germany and they are all about NATO missions and joint projects. The Netherlands invited 20 officers from his base to participate in paratrooper certification and he said Hell Yes! Two days of training and 5 jumps later he was 1 of only 4 of the original group that completed the training. He’s now officially paratrooper certified with the wings and this is something that the Air Force would never have offered to him. Air Force officers apparently have a thing about jumping out of perfectly functioning aircraft!
Great accomplishment; will he be authorized to wear the wings on his AF uniform? Kudos for creating an AF officer willing to jump out of a perfectly functioning aircraft. Us Army guys never thought any aircraft was “perfectly functioning.” :ROFLMAO:

IMG_5601.jpeg
Great accomplishment; will he be authorized to wear the wings on his AF uniform? Kudos for creating an AF officer willing to jump out of a perfectly functioning aircraft. Us Army guys never thought any aircraft was “perfectly functioning.” :ROFLMAO:

Yes, as long as he is stationed in Germany. I understand that he also has a ribbon that can go on his dress blues forever. My son is an even bigger procrastinator than I am, but he waisted no time in making this happen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back