Show us what you're cooking...

Reverse seared fillets, smashed taters with Meat Church Holy Voodoo, and morel mushrooms...

vwHY34Vl.jpg

I’m planning on throwing these on tomorrow late afternoon.
Really looking forward to this 2nd cook on the Bull. Cleaned the firepot & changed the foil on the drip pan as soon as I got home tonight this way I’m ready tomorrow.
Anyone have seasoning suggestions for the pork chops and sausage? I have some Killer Hog rubs on hand and some KosmosQ sweet pecan rub as well. Looking to wrap the cops with the bacon.
DDFB9EF6-F8AC-410F-86A2-FC97704DA5B1.jpeg

I’m planning on throwing these on tomorrow late afternoon.
Really looking forward to this 2nd cook on the Bull. Cleaned the firepot & changed the foil on the drip pan as soon as I got home tonight this way I’m ready tomorrow.
Anyone have seasoning suggestions for the pork chops and sausage? I have some Killer Hog rubs on hand and some KosmosQ sweet pecan rub as well. Looking to wrap the cops with the bacon.
View attachment 9955
I don't know that I'd do anything but throw the sausage on as is. Killer Hogs AP is really, really good. His steak rub is perfect. Kosmos stuff is good too. I got a couple containers of the pecan rub. Tried it once, a little different. You can really taste the pecan in it. Going to use it on a couple more cooks, but will try on one single piece of meat until I get it figured out. Let us know how it all turns out. Watching...

Love the AP, have the steak rub and bbq rub from Killer Hogs.
Maybe I’ll just let it fly and add the seasoning after the fact.
That’s one of the beauties of this bbq world, you get to experiment a lot.

Chicken thighs directly on the grates, only shown on the pan/rack to rest. 450F for about an hour. Pulled when skin was crisp and temps were 180-190F range. The rest was heated up in the smoke box as soon as the grill came up to temp. Put in uncovered and stirred occasionally so it all grabbed some hickory smokey goodness. Baked beans on top at ~275F. Italian green beans with Ben's Heffer Dust in the middle at ~250F and broccoli with cheddar on bottom at ~150F.

Opening the smoke box every few minutes to stir had minimal effect on the temp inside the grill and didn't seem to affect the smoke box temps at all since it's continuous smoke/heat. Temp swings of only +/- 3F in the grill. Can't even compare to a conventional oven.

Don't ever let anyone tell you the smoke box is a waste. They just don't know how to use it.

PXL_20210501_015137717.jpg

Chicken thighs directly on the grates, only shown on the pan/rack to rest. 450F for about an hour. Pulled when skin was crisp and temps were 180-190F range. The rest was heated up in the smoke box as soon as the grill came up to temp. Put in uncovered and stirred occasionally so it all grabbed some hickory smokey goodness. Baked beans on top at ~275F. Italian green beans with Ben's Heffer Dust in the middle at ~250F and broccoli with cheddar on bottom at ~150F.

Opening the smoke box every few minutes to stir had minimal effect on the temp inside the grill and didn't seem to affect the smoke box temps at all since it's continuous smoke/heat. Temp swings of only +/- 3F in the grill. Can't even compare to a conventional oven.

Don't ever let anyone tell you the smoke box is a waste. They just don't know how to use it.

View attachment 9965
Really nice looking cook!

Had some pork chops, hot sausage, and bacon.
Rolled at 250 degrees. Brought the internal on the chops and sausage to roughly 135 then finished them up on my Blackstone for a bit of sear. really came out great.
Bacon was insane on the 700.

Attachments

• F94182B8-7D64-4402-A114-332173222DD4.jpeg
    F94182B8-7D64-4402-A114-332173222DD4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • F88EACF0-F7C3-44DF-BC6B-29FF9D74B892.jpeg
    F88EACF0-F7C3-44DF-BC6B-29FF9D74B892.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 3AB7E66B-8356-4945-AB9B-5D9B24F9220D.jpeg
    3AB7E66B-8356-4945-AB9B-5D9B24F9220D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
That all looks great! Relinquished the grill tonight as my 4 YO granddaughter is spending the night, it is all hands on deck!
Pancakes in the morning! Has anyone ever cooked pancakes on the grill? Or griddle?

That all looks great! Relinquished the grill tonight as my 4 YO granddaughter is spending the night, it is all hands on deck!
Pancakes in the morning! Has anyone ever cooked pancakes on the grill? Or griddle?
I have done a boatload of pancakes on my blackstone, but not on the Bull.
Maybe a sheet pan on the Bull for the pancakes?
Definitely interested in what other have to say.

Had some pork chops, hot sausage, and bacon.
Rolled at 250 degrees. Brought the internal on the chops and sausage to roughly 135 then finished them up on my Blackstone for a bit of sear. really came out great.
Bacon was insane on the 700.
Nice! Bacon on the Bull is awesome!

Part 1-
Family is still out of town and I’m enjoying a lot of me time. 🥃 so today I’m cooking a 2 lbs tri tip. Trimmed it last night rubbed it was sesame seed oil salt and pepper and massage a little butter on top. The tri tip sat on the counter for 15 minutes and then I put it in the fridge last not uncovered. The plan is at noon, put it on the counter for 20-30 minutes while The Bull is warming up to 200° Until 115° IT (guessing that will take 2 -2.5 hours)
I have my grill grates on my gasser for searing -
I will go three minutes each side.
**Using
Lumberjack pellets
Competition Blend (maple hickory cherry)

Attachments

• BEEF46E8-C3AA-4214-8485-815D3EC393AA.jpeg
    BEEF46E8-C3AA-4214-8485-815D3EC393AA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back