Bull RT-700 Grill Cover a Piece Of Garbage

Just like previous post, I would like to vent too after trying to buy a replacement cover and REC-TEQ wants to charge me $85 for a new one. Listen I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was my fault why it tore to pieces. You literally need a engineers degree to get this thing on and off. You get one side on the other side is to snug, you adjust that and it tears because of the sharp corners. And never mind if it starts raining and you wants to put it on quick, "IMPOSSIBLE" Save yourself money and time and try to find a replacement for half the price.

Positive note, Love the grill.
Agree almost impossible to get no- I wish RecTeq’s were as quality and easy to install as my Traeger

Mine must be a tight one.

I do start with the smoke stack. Then the handles. If I don't work it down evenly on all sides from there I can't get the cover over the control panel. Sometimes one side falls down and I have to pick it up and start over. Could be a little looser.
A major pain. When ya pay that much for a cover you expect quality , ease of installation ….. certainly would not buy another one from Rec Teq.👎🏽

Just like previous post, I would like to vent too after trying to buy a replacement cover and REC-TEQ wants to charge me $85 for a new one. Listen I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was my fault why it tore to pieces. You literally need a engineers degree to get this thing on and off. You get one side on the other side is to snug, you adjust that and it tears because of the sharp corners. And never mind if it starts raining and you wants to put it on quick, "IMPOSSIBLE" Save yourself money and time and try to find a replacement for half the price.

Positive note, Love the grill.
Exactly 😤👎

I agree, It does take a bit of effort to get the cover on and off. My cover is still going strong after roughly four years now. I watched the video to pick up some tips and took it from there. I do like that it is a premium custom fit cover that won't blow off in high winds, but am lazy and don't like the time and effort it takes to keep from ripping it.
What was the video you warched? Did not find one on recteq’s web.

I've seen that video.....mine won't go on that way. 🤷

I've seen that video.....mine won't go on that way. 🤷
I do mine close to the opposite of that, and it works well.... I wonder if there isn't more than one manufacturer and that's where the problems come from?

Reactions: JGW
I do mine close to the opposite of that, and it works well.... I wonder if there isn't more than one manufacturer and that's where the problems come from?
Maybe because I do mine almost opposite too. 👍😂

I just covered my 1250 for the first time. I have a 700 too, and the Recteq cover is the same cover for both. The 1250 has the comp cart, my 700 does not. Both covers fit on the same way and not much headache. I do mine opposite too, smoke stack first.

One thing with the 1250 is the upper grate holder on the back does make the cover more difficult to put on when hanging the grate off the holder, so I have to put the grate in the grill. Doing that now eliminates a place to put the bucket, it wont fit in the grill with both grates and the comp cart doesnt have room for the bucket to be stored either.

I did remove my clips on the cover for the 700 and 1250. The cover is snug enough I cant imagine any wind blowing it off without the clips

Maybe I got lucky and got one that fits right. Because I have no problems putting it on or taking it off. It fits nice and does a good job. If it were bigger, or not as snug, the wind here would probably shred it.
100% this. New owner of a 700 and the cover has been great. Followed the directions here with no problems.

I put mine on smoke stack first without issue. The drip bucket I put on the lower shelf. (1250)

I have done that, but prefer to stick it inside the grill. Cover will not go on with drip bucket, at least not my cover.

I have similar frustrations with my cover. No matter how I put it on, I am stretching the cover thin to get it over which ever side is last. My bull is under a ~650 sf covered patio, so I tend to keep the cover off unless we are due for heavy rain. Still, it is only a matter of time before it tears. I know others who pull theirs off with one almost shift motion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back