Need grill in addition to my 700

Enimo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I had a 390 (I think it was) and it was too small so I gave it to my son and bought a 700. The 700 doesn't get as hot and really loses heat as soon as you open. I love the 700 but want to add another grill for charing when reverse searing, etc. I am also adding a griddle and will probably get the Blackstone. What are some of your setups? Thanks

I have a Webber Summit 4 burner that I love and a large Big Green Egg. If I had the space I would add a Blackstone.

I love my Bull & Bullseye combo. I think you can do just about it all with those two. Bullseye can smoke but excels in high heat cooks. To me and my preference, I would way rather have a Bullseye than a gas propane grill for the price. Sure, if I had a top end gas grill like a Napelon or top of the line Weber, but you're talking like double the price of the Bullseye.

I do have the griddle for the Bullseye and it does do a good job. The one downside compared to a blackstone type is you don't really have a cool side to put food off to the side.

Last summer I got a Weber Kettle b/c they are cheap and sometimes you want some extra smoke flavor in some foods. While either RecTeq(Bull or Bullseye) can do the same thing, just not as well as a weber with wood/charcoal.

I also have a camp Chef Yukon 2 burner which I have the griddle for also. A Blackstone or any type of 3 or more burner flattops are better than what I have but I like the Yukon b/c I can take off the griddle and just use the burners for whatever like deep frying in a cast iron dutch oven.

If I was in your shoes, I would no doubt get a Bullseye b/c I was a few years ago in your shoes. Another nice thing about the Bullseye is if you have any Weber 22.5 accessories, most work with the Bullseye. For example. I have the weber rotassrie which I've used on my Weber and on my Bullseye.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have a Weber Genesis gas grill for searing and any high temp cooks. I think the best steaks I have cooked at home are reverse seared. It is also very handy to do some sides while big proteins are slow smoking on the bull.

Here you go…
RT700, Lynx Pro 26”, Pizza Oven, Lynx Sear Burner, Not shown are the New Braunsfel Cast Iron Vertical stick burner, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber kettle, and a few other cookers. Take your pick.

IMG_9187.jpeg

IMG_1274.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a Weber Genesis and a 36" Blackstone among other tools for the different types of cooking.

I have a Bull, 4 burner Blackstone, Vermont Castings 5 burner (that's over 15 years old and still going strong). I also have a Lang 50" offset, but living in Colorado, I have no wood for it. I had a great GOSM stainless model until a storm took it out. On a side note, I'd love to have all of this in a black stainless color instead of the regular stainless steel. I don't know why manufacturers don't do something like that.

I have a RecTeq RT-700 as my pellet grill. I have the Grilla Grills’ Primate as my gasser. I can swap out the grates on it with its cast iron flattop/plancha…when I want to do breakfasts, stir fries, cheesesteaks w/peppers & onions, smash burgers, etc. I put the grates in when I reverse sear steaks…cooking at 275 on the 700 til 125 degrees F, then, searing on the Primate.

BGE large
Blackstone 28" griddle
RT 700
RT 1070
Weber Genesis
Many cast iron slillets and dutch ovens
Three Finex gadgets
Lots of Oxo stuff
Yes - I have collection addictions
Life is short - cook often

BGE large
Blackstone 28" griddle
RT 700
RT 1070
Weber Genesis
Many cast iron slillets and dutch ovens
Three Finex gadgets
Lots of Oxo stuff
Yes - I have collection addictions
Life is short - cook often

I understand the addiction. Not visible in my picture (above) is my Blackstone Tailgater, mini-two burner camping grill, portable Camp Chef 3 burner griddle, 5‘ 1988 vintage New Braunsfel Vertical Stick Burner, Weber Kettle Grill, Kenmore Elite 6 Burner SS gasser, Santa Maria grill, or my collection of over 30 vintage (1904-1960) cast iron (mostly Griswold and Sidney 0) cooking devices. I don’t have any excuses for the constant hoarding other than to say I’ve been cooking on fire longer than the age of most people on this site, haha. My only saving grace is that most of it is in my NC house. I recently got back from Mallorca and saw a couple of devices I am thinking of buying that are not typically used in the US to round out the collection.

Reactions: PRC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back