RT-700 Grill Cover a Piece Of Garbage

Call Me Ev.....

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just like previous post, I would like to vent too after trying to buy a replacement cover and REC-TEQ wants to charge me $85 for a new one. Listen I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was my fault why it tore to pieces. You literally need a engineers degree to get this thing on and off. You get one side on the other side is to snug, you adjust that and it tears because of the sharp corners. And never mind if it starts raining and you wants to put it on quick, "IMPOSSIBLE" Save yourself money and time and try to find a replacement for half the price.

Positive note, Love the grill.

I posted in an earlier thread that I’ve had no problems getting the cover on and off but your post literally has me laughing out loud because I’m a structural engineer! :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully this won't require a PE stamp 🤷‍♂️

Just like previous post, I would like to vent too after trying to buy a replacement cover and REC-TEQ wants to charge me $85 for a new one. Listen I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was my fault why it tore to pieces. You literally need a engineers degree to get this thing on and off. You get one side on the other side is to snug, you adjust that and it tears because of the sharp corners. And never mind if it starts raining and you wants to put it on quick, "IMPOSSIBLE" Save yourself money and time and try to find a replacement for half the price.

Positive note, Love the grill.
Don’t know what the problem is, the cover on my new bull fits perfect! Less than a minute and it’s on. Maybe I’m lucky but I sure love the bull.

I'm able to remove / install my cover with minimum difficulty.
download.jpg

I think it’s just a quality control problem with the covers. My son and I both have RT700 covers. Mine goes on easily, his does not. He can put mine on without any trouble and it takes me forever when I try to put his on so it’s not the operator it’s the cover…unless of course the grills are a different size.

Mine fits pretty tight, but if I take it slowly, it's no issue, but it still takes a couple of minutes to put in on or take it off.

There is literally no reason to have it that form fitting, IMHO. It's shaped to for the handles, and honestly, it can just drape over them towards the ground.

I know it’s a little extra work we really shouldn’t have to do but i just added a zipper on mine and its a world of a difference.
If you check my previous posts you’ll see it all and link to zipper i got

@Mike if you're using my spritz mod that cover can be a challenge at times.
Oh I have no doubt if you start doing mods and adding all sorts of things to the grill, you know things the cover wasn't designed for, then yeah I'm sure it could be a challenge.

For me, my previously stock RT-700 never had a single issue getting the cover on or off. Heck even after my custom cart build, still not a single issue. ;)

My Bull does have the smoke box on it. That may make a difference on how easy the cover goes on and comes off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back