Bullseye Power supply and ground wire

dashnewport

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-B380X Bullseye Deluxe
I had a bored puppy decide to chew through my power supply and ground wire(s) while I was at work the other day. Recteq was kind enough to send me a replacement and got that all re-installed. However, I am missing where the extra ground wire connected to as there was two ground wires connected to the grounding post. Any help possible with a photo of your bullseye’s (B380x) “guts” to show me what I’m missing?

IMG_6636.jpeg

I believe it may have connected to the blower motor, but not sure as the dog chewed through every bit and left no evidence of where it was originally connected.

Bored puppies are awesome. I had a yellow lab that methodically ate one of each pair of my wife's shoes, leaving the matching shoes totally untouched. He got bored with shoes and decided to eat a 8 inch diameter hole in sheetrock one night. My clue was the white nose greeting us in the morning. This was when we were young and dumb and did not fully appreciate the benefit of crate training more active dogs under the cover of darkness. Funny thing is he never touched any of my stuff. Good dog!

I don't like foiling or not foiling it either way. Got tired of scraping last month and went back to foil. If you fold it up and back inside the edges, you should not get any grease inside and no interference with air flow. But, make sure there are no holes in the foil. I find that Reynolds, has lots of wrinkles in their rolls, and can spring leaks. I like Costco heavy duty better.

Edit just reread this. You're looking for the source of the rogue field ground. I would reach out to RT, or just have a look at your components to see which one has a chewed off field ground as that will also need to be replaced.

Disregard: You can't remember where you pulled it from? It would have had to be unbolted and that solo one would not be a part of the AC cord.

You have an 18 or 16 gauge three conductor AC wire (black cord with white and black wires and molex and field ground), and then a separate field ground wire with no origin source.

The field grounds (green) could be situated on just about any metal post and be fine. But the fact that you have that rogue wire with no source it may be better to reach out to customer service to figure our where its source is.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back