New recteq app is out

One thing I noticed is there’s no way to adjust the time interval on the graph anymore. (maybe it’s there and I can’t find it) It would be nice to be able to do that. Otherwise the app seems to be working really well. I really like the landscape view!

Where can the probe temperature alarms be set? If we can’t do this, this is a real set back…

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is there’s no way to adjust the time interval on the graph anymore. (maybe it’s there and I can’t find it) It would be nice to be able to do that. Otherwise the app seems to be working really well. I really like the landscape view!

Where can the probe temperature alarms be set? If we can’t do this, this is a real set back…
You can zoom in and out and the time changes in the x axis

Also, the temp probes show up once they’re plugged in.

1.7.1 constantly getting network errors. Much worse than 1.6.6

Can confirm, received 1.7.0 the other day and then about 24-hrs or so later received 1.7.1 as well. No visible changes so must be a hotfix for bug(s). Android device.

Still waiting for v2.0 that the iPhone users got. In my experience this is the reverse generally with how the two entities approve/publish updates from devs.

Nothing of real importance with this post, just adding data points with this thread.

Sweet! App downloaded last night automatically to my iPhone. Nice, clean look--and I like the slider control for the temp MUCH better!

Anyone use the new updated app yet? Curious as to how it works.
Used it for the first time yesterday. Noticed the temperature probe temps don't reset anymore when you unplug them. Seem to stay at the last temp measured until you plug them in again. I liked the reset better.

You still can’t export any cook data but does anyone know how long the history remains available or how far back it will go? The zoom will be nice for screen caps at least but there don’t appear to be days on the graph as you scroll back, just times.

Does it now work with duel band routers? Being computer illiterate I never used the app because the instructions for a duel band routers was more than my old brain could decipher.

Interesting? Does that screen change whenever it's powered on and cooking? I ask because it looks like they not only made the temp adjustment a slider but they removed some data we had previously. Namely the probe temps. Can you tap on the #'s and manually key in the temperature? When I spoke with them on the phone I suggested they make this an option as it was FAR better than tapping + or - about a million times. I feel like the slider is an upgrade but I'd like to see an option added to it to manually key in the temp you want as well. No reason they can't have both and people can choose whatever they want. This app looks.... different. I won't say it looks better because I see nothing that looks like a UI improvement. Maybe it will function better which I'm holding out hope for since that's for more important.

Their crux is still the notifications it seems. Too many when you don't want them (I don't need a dozen when changing the temperature) and too few when you do need them (I've already ruined several meals I was preparing for a large group thanks to no notifications during high-traffic periods). Just kind of feels like a clown show over there as it applies to their smart aspects of their product. They really need to invest on improving this aspect and it's clear that they assume it's an afterthought and that most people don't care. This myopic view of their current customer base is losing site of the new customers they can bring on with a superior smart portion being as those how this new generation interacts with everything.

I'd be happy with function over form at this point but it kinda feels like they don't care about either one.
If anyone wants to know why their software is so bad, go to the play store and look at the updated app images. You will see its screenshots and the screenshots are of someone literally in mainland China. (Attached it here, look at cell service in upper corner). I understand manufacturing in China, but there is no reason to cheap out so hard that you do the software development there too.

LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-074056_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-074056_Google Play Store.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 105
Does it now work with duel band routers? Being computer illiterate I never used the app because the instructions for a duel band routers was more than my old brain could decipher.
Updating the app doesn't change the capability of your current hardware. The new RT-1250 is the first model to have a controller with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. Prior models have 2.4 only. And they work perfectly well with dual band routers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back