New recteq app is out

It’s a slider now, but you will still get multiple notifications while adjusting it. View attachment 11960
Interesting? Does that screen change whenever it's powered on and cooking? I ask because it looks like they not only made the temp adjustment a slider but they removed some data we had previously. Namely the probe temps. Can you tap on the #'s and manually key in the temperature? When I spoke with them on the phone I suggested they make this an option as it was FAR better than tapping + or - about a million times. I feel like the slider is an upgrade but I'd like to see an option added to it to manually key in the temp you want as well. No reason they can't have both and people can choose whatever they want. This app looks.... different. I won't say it looks better because I see nothing that looks like a UI improvement. Maybe it will function better which I'm holding out hope for since that's for more important.

Their crux is still the notifications it seems. Too many when you don't want them (I don't need a dozen when changing the temperature) and too few when you do need them (I've already ruined several meals I was preparing for a large group thanks to no notifications during high-traffic periods). Just kind of feels like a clown show over there as it applies to their smart aspects of their product. They really need to invest on improving this aspect and it's clear that they assume it's an afterthought and that most people don't care. This myopic view of their current customer base is losing site of the new customers they can bring on with a superior smart portion being as those how this new generation interacts with everything.

I'd be happy with function over form at this point but it kinda feels like they don't care about either one.

The update lets you see it horizontal on the iPad the old version was just vertical,good update!

Interesting? Does that screen change whenever it's powered on and cooking? I ask because it looks like they not only made the temp adjustment a slider but they removed some data we had previously. Namely the probe temps.
Probe temps do display when the grill is on. I see no way to manually enter temps, but then I haven’t played with it extensively today either.
B4DABC44-A4D5-4550-B3B9-F0122D7B2800.jpeg

Interesting

Android not giving me chance to up date ? Tricks ... ?

Whoops, got it🤓

I'm on 1.7.0 Android, but when I used the 700 tonight for the first time since updating this morning, I can't set the MFR below 3.0/30 in the app but I can change it manually on the controller. Anybody else seeing this?

I'm on 1.7.0 Android, but when I used the 700 tonight for the first time since updating this morning, I can't set the MFR below 3.0/30 in the app but I can change it manually on the controller. Anybody else seeing this?
That issue is consistent with the older version as well, no change.
Maybe for safety reasons to prevent flame outs ??

The release notes don’t say much. Just a UI change and 1250 use.

I do like the horizontal view very much and the sliders for the settings. I don’t mind the temp sliders, although it would be ideal to just type them in.

D7BAA111-B6F1-4868-B526-E14B0CBB1AFC.jpeg

21A11365-99FA-4489-8473-575E9EC23876.jpeg
4E7F5E63-9586-4D78-9E2A-E3838A89E472.jpeg

Last edited:
new app update came out today. 2.0.1
still doesn’t show new 1250

Attachments

• 6A505B33-62C1-4691-86C8-F400B289984B.png
    6A505B33-62C1-4691-86C8-F400B289984B.png
    700.1 KB · Views: 66
Other than the 1250 add, i see no difference at all with the android app. It did notify me of temp goals last night. not a busy weekend, but...

Other than the 1250 add, i see no difference at all with the android app. It did notify me of temp goals last night. not a busy weekend, but...
Did the Android app get updated again?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back