Updated recteq app and now it wont connect.

Customer support is no help, said I would have to wait for another update. has this happened to any of you?
Huh! “Wait for another update?” Are they having problems with the app and doing some emergency updates”

Personally, I would call RT again and hope to get a different customer service person. Or, I would call and ask for a manager or one of the owners.

“Wait for another update” is certainly not an appropriate response unless their servers are down and they are frantically trying to get them back up.

Called three times and this was the best they could come up with. said they were having problems with android phones, worked for almost two years. I really like my grill and use it all the time but the more I think about this the madder I get.

Pretty crappy answer, don’t you just love private equity.

Another reason for a 3rd party wireless thermometer.

Customer support is no help, said I would have to wait for another update. has this happened to any of you?
yep, waited 2 months for tech support, they were no help then the last update fixed the issue but took away the remote start feature ditched the app and now use the smartlife app.

I d
Huh! “Wait for another update?” Are they having problems with the app and doing some emergency updates”

Personally, I would call RT again and hope to get a different customer service person. Or, I would call and ask for a manager or one of the owners.

“Wait for another update” is certainly not an appropriate response unless their servers are down and they are frantically trying to get them back up.
I did that and it was no help. Their CS has went in the toilet

This was likely the removal of remote start functionality. Apparently they removed Functionality all together😖 Maybe a wristband (as in the hospital) and asking themselves repeatedly WTF are we reming out of the code?

I'm not a bit banger, so I'm not really qualified to say, but it seems to me that when you have a portion of code (WiFi) that is presently working, then you Rev the release and that same portion of code (WiFi) no longer works, you might want to consider changing vocations. Like maybe get into coal mining, or something............

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back