May have found my new Rib supplier, online!

So far, so good with the Wild Fork order. I ordered yesterday at 4 PM and it just arrived a few min ago. Overall, the food looks good, was VERY solidly frozen still, and came with enough left over dry ice that the kids can have some fun this evening.

Out of everything I ordered, I was only disappointed by the look of the Picanha steaks. The pack had 5 (instead of 4) pieces in it with 3 of them being an okay size, but 2 of them being really small and 50% fat cap. In addition, all 5 total were only about 1.6 lbs vs the 2.25 estimate shown on the site. I know, their fat also says that the estimates may be off, but that's 30% light.

It is not uncommon for it to show 2 boxes and it really is only 1. But it sounds like from your order it should be 2 :unsure:
It ended up all being in a single box and it arrived with everything in it, less than 24 hrs from the time I ordered. The other one still shows 'pending' at a weight of 12 lbs. 🤷‍♂️

It ended up all being in a single box and it arrived with everything in it, less than 24 hrs from the time I ordered. The other one still shows 'pending' at a weight of 12 lbs. 🤷‍♂️

Cool.. it is strange. Not sure why they do that but have had it happen to me and see the Facebook group some members have it also. Enjoy!

I used to buy all my prime meat from Costco, but now I buy most of my meat at Wildforks. With a $29.00 yearly membership its a no brainier.

Their Berkshire ribs and bone-n pork chops are excellent. Prime Ribeyes, Brisket really good.

And the flash frozen really does the job. Many times the ice is gone when the shipment arrives at my house, but everything is still really frozen.

Greg

I've been buying from Wild Fork for just over 6 months. Beef, pork, chicken, seafood and just this past holiday a whole duck which was outstanding. The "flash frozen" approach has worked perfectly and the meat comes out great. Their premium thick cut pork chops (Berkshire) are the best pork we've ever eaten. More expensive than your normal chops but you pay for quality anywhere. I do the $29 annual membership which gives free shipping and it, as others say, is a no brainer. I usually order once a month ($50 minimum I think, but easy to do...) and the boxing, insulation, dry ice and UPS shipping charges have to be close the a $29 expense on each shipment.

We live in the Tucson area and have no stores nearby. Our orders ship from LA on UPS 2-day delivery and have always arrived with dry ice still surrounding the products and everything solid as a rock. Prices on most cuts are close to Costco (either Choice or Prime grade) and usually beat out our local Fry's (Kroger) unless they are doing a manager's special. And having things arrive frozen solid in (mostly) cryovac that go straight to the freezer here is great--no repackaging and FoodSaver requirements.

And as someone else posted, another great benefit is you can find cuts of meat on Wild Fork that you cannot get, or cannot get reliably, in our local stores.

For those who have a bricks and mortar store close enough to drive to but are curious, go to YouTube and do a search on "Wild Fork". You'll get the usual variety of videos made by people like us cooking their products, but also a couple of company made videos showing their stores and the products in their freezer bins. It is a company promo of course but it lets you see what you'll likely experience if you decide to make a drive.

But their shipping has been so spot on perfct--for us at least--that even if they opened a store up in Phoenix I doubt we'd drive the 2 hrs up and back, but rather let UPS do the delivery. And lastly, like someone else said here, I'm not associated with the company in any way other than being a very satisfied customer.

It would be great if they opened a store here in the Pacific Northwest. I don’t like to buy meat via mail order as I prefer to see it before I buy it.

Fortunately, we have a real, old-fashioned “butcher shop” in my area that sells great meat. Nice to be able to walk in and discuss just what you are looking for and have the butcher bring out different pieces for you to look at.
Where are you at Jim? I'm in Tacoma area now, but lived in Bellingham for a long time. Interested in what butcher you use.

I have used WildFork several times. I have been happy overall. They have a very good selection and the prices are very reasonable. We cooked some of the lamb loin chops this past holiday. They were very good. I have bought mostly ribs, chicken and shrimp from them. No problem with the flash freezing.

I did just pick up a tri-tip and a prime outside beef skirt steak from them. Anxious to try it. I have been pushing myself to cook different cuts of meat to improve my skills!!!!

I do have a great local butcher and support them, but since we moved they are an hour away.

I have tried all of these places and my quick review:

1-Porter Road-Meats are generally good, however the last Steaks we bought as well as a Chili grind had alot of gristle, wife not happy with her steak! I did buy some pork tenderloins and pork butts, both very good. Their pork seems to be a little better.

2-Rastellis-I have been happy with most things I have bought from them. Mostly Chicken, Shrimp and a Turkey.

3-Omaha Steaks- I used to use them more for steaks, but they have become very expensive so I dont use anymore.

4-Snake River Farms-I have bought several things from them for special ocassions. A beef tenderloin, some steaks. They were very good, but also very expensive

5-Wild Fork Foods-I started using them based on a recommendation from @sdynak. They are probably the best and most consistant with delivery and food. Good customer service and have not been dissapointed.

All that being said it is in the low 20's today and windy in Georgia, so I am cooking my first Gumbo! Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage!

Wild Fork had a special last December where you got the $29 annual membership waived with a $150 purchase. I’ve been super-pleased with their products and delivery. One recommendation I would make is to place orders on the weekend for delivery mid-week. I had an order placed for Friday delivery and the delivery date was changed to the following Monday because of weather. I was able to reach someone at UPS and arrange for Saturday delivery, and everything was still frozen. I don’t think it would have made it to Monday, and there is no insurance on delayed deliveries.

Wild Fork had a special last December where you got the $29 annual membership waived with a $150 purchase. I’ve been super-pleased with their products and delivery. One recommendation I would make is to place orders on the weekend for delivery mid-week. I had an order placed for Friday delivery and the delivery date was changed to the following Monday because of weather. I was able to reach someone at UPS and arrange for Saturday delivery, and everything was still frozen. I don’t think it would have made it to Monday, and there is no insurance on delayed deliveries.
I strongly agree on the delivery. You really need to talk with whomever you buy meat from and understand the delivery. I always make sure mine ships on Monday or Tuesday. Some meats ship fresh and those are the ones I have had problems with. Had to throw away a 15# Brisket from Snake River Farms. They replaced it but what a waste. I cried on that one.
Most of the places I order from are happy to work with me on the shipping time as they dont want any issues either.
The point is you need to be proactive in shipping and save yourself some headaches!

One other place I forgot to mention that I have bought Lobster from is Maine Lobster Now, they are incredible and I cant recommend them enough. I have had them ship Lobsters and Lobster meat to a condo on vacation. I ordered on Thursday, they shipped on Friday and I had Saturday. They have great customer service and their lobster is awesome and super fresh.
If you are looking for lobster give them a shot!

I don’t eat a lot of lobster, and my wife has shellfish allergy, so my standards with respect to what is good lobster is admittedly a low bar. Having said that, I did get a frozen tail from Wild Fork and I thought it was good enough that I would order it again.

I did my first couple racks this weekend and another rack today from @Wildforkfoods. There website has a huge selection of meats, fish, poultry, sides, and a ton more. I found the ribs to look amazing on arrival, they're far better trimmed than Swift, Hormel, Tyson, Costco, etc packers and they cooked so amazingly tender every time, not the mention the racks run around 3lbs a piece for about $14.00 which is cheaper than my local Kroger. You get free shipping overnight on first order to try, they arrive frozen in dry ice but it did not affect the flavor in the least. Don't work for them, not paid (I'll take it if you do want to send me a check Wildfork). Just sharing in case like myself, you've found yourself digging through piles of cryovac's at the local grocer to walk away with ribs you're not that excited to cook. I attached photo and included my IG name, I started the account to keep track of cooks but if you want to share through there, add me.
I too use wildfork they have amazing prime whole briskets that are wonderful. Costco in Colorado no longer carries prime brisket only choice. The ribs are also really good and much cheaper than what I can buy them here.

I did my first couple racks this weekend and another rack today from @Wildforkfoods. There website has a huge selection of meats, fish, poultry, sides, and a ton more. I found the ribs to look amazing on arrival, they're far better trimmed than Swift, Hormel, Tyson, Costco, etc packers and they cooked so amazingly tender every time, not the mention the racks run around 3lbs a piece for about $14.00 which is cheaper than my local Kroger. You get free shipping overnight on first order to try, they arrive frozen in dry ice but it did not affect the flavor in the least. Don't work for them, not paid (I'll take it if you do want to send me a check Wildfork). Just sharing in case like myself, you've found yourself digging through piles of cryovac's at the local grocer to walk away with ribs you're not that excited to cook. I attached photo and included my IG name, I started the account to keep track of cooks but if you want to share through there, add me.
I have ordered both meat and seafood from wild fork and everything has been fabulous. And now they are building a new store on my corner
Lots of their stuff going on the recteq and the char. Grilled 980 this summer

Where are you at Jim? I'm in Tacoma area now, but lived in Bellingham for a long time. Interested in what butcher you use.
I’m in the Bellingham area and have found a small, craft butcher shop called Carne. They are currently closed while finding a new location; the landlord sold the property they were renting out from under them. They are supposed to be back up and running in the next month or so.

Great, high-quality meat from local suppliers.

I too did the $150 order to get the free membership. I only have to order at least $35 and to get the free shipping. There sides are good too a bit pricey. Onion rings are good too. Very satisfied with their shipping process

Speaking of Wild Fork ribs, I made some today as well-beef short ribs that is. I cleaned the snow off the RT-340 and put them on at 250*, salt and pepper only. At the 3 hour mark they were around 150* IT so I then wrapped them in pink paper. After 4 more hours they were 200* IT and probe tender, and then they rested for 20 minutes while I made some creamed greens. They were absolutely perfect!

7538CF0E-5E08-43D7-82F2-C384CF48D5C5.jpeg
0E9FF85A-8472-4C64-834D-8F992703F7B8.jpeg

So, we went to Wild Fork today. A good 1 1/2 hours away. It is all that you said it would be. We bought:
20 lb prime brisket - it's just a beauty.
2 swordfish captain cut steaks
1 lb lean ground beef
Picanha - Whole Prime
Picanha - Whole Black Angus
Ground Beef (in pellet form..just cause)
Pork Berkshire Ribeye Thick Steak
Berkshire St. Louis Ribs
St. Louis Ribs
Atlantic Lobster Meat (1 lb) Need it for Lobster Mac and Cheese

I've never cooked Picanha. It's really not a cut that we have here in Southern California. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

It's a fun store and yes, they have just about everything.

I’m in the Bellingham area and have found a small, craft butcher shop called Carne. They are currently closed while finding a new location; the landlord sold the property they were renting out from under them. They are supposed to be back up and running in the next month or so.

Great, high-quality meat from local suppliers.
Thank you! Sounds good. Our son lives up there, so I'll look them up for their new location next time I'm up

Funny - I have a WF store 20 minutes away and I've only been there once. Order one day - on my doorstep the next.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back