I may have overreacted

thank you for the tip mastertech59 moisture is definitely my main concern. i was hoping that being inside the air conditioned space would help but i will find a way to raise them up. anyone else storeing a stock pile of pellets like me?
A stockpile like you? Nah, I only have 20-25 bags. Kept on shelves in the garage. If I ran into your deal the temptation would have been strong...

a dolly is a good idea. i have several harborfreight dollys also. love that store
I did till the prices went out of sight and they did away with the 20% discount.

Stupid question…I have only had my Bull about 2 weeks. I’ve been getting pellets from the local Walmart as they have the best prices in my area. Now I fully expect Wally World to quit stocking pellets like they do with most seasonal items. But will stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s quit stocking pellets after the summer? Just curious what everyone’s experience is. I would hate to run into a shortage in the fall and winter. Maybe I should stock up like Chad 👍

Stupid question…I have only had my Bull about 2 weeks. I’ve been getting pellets from the local Walmart as they have the best prices in my area. Now I fully expect Wally World to quit stocking pellets like they do with most seasonal items. But will stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s quit stocking pellets after the summer? Just curious what everyone’s experience is. I would hate to run into a shortage in the fall and winter. Maybe I should stock up like Chad 👍
I know Home Depot doesn't stop selling them...I work there, but they only carry Traeger and one other brand, and I can't remember what the other brand is.. Lowes I would imagine does the same thing with the brands they carry because it copies what Depot does. Amazon doesn't stop either...I never have more than 1 bag extra. I just watch when it's getting low and order RecteQ pellets from Amazon and 2 days later I have them. Kind of crazy to store 30 bags of pellets but whatever...

I know Home Depot doesn't stop selling them...I work there, but they only carry Traeger and one other brand, and I can't remember what the other brand is.. Lowes I would imagine does the same thing with the brands they carry because it copies what Depot does. Amazon doesn't stop either...I never have more than 1 bag extra. I just watch when it's getting low and order RecteQ pellets from Amazon and 2 days later I have them. Kind of crazy to store 30 bags of pellets but whatever...
Thanks…I don’t really want to store pellets either but I might consider it if I found a deal like Chad did😂

Thanks…I don’t really want to store pellets either but I might consider it if I found a deal like Chad did😂
lol I get it...hard to pass up a deal but I've worked at Depot for 21 years and seen it all believe me. For me I'd rather see 15 guys get 2 bags at a great price then one guy buy all 30 for himself but it is what it is...kind of like toilet paper during Covid...lol

i don’t think a stock pile like mine is necessary for anyone short of a bbq restraunt. but i would recommend keeping 4-5 bags of pellets on hand if your getting the 40lb bags of pitt boss from walmart. to me the hickory pellets are the most desirable which is why a bought them all.some of the other pellets i will offer to sell to my buddy that’s about to get a 590 for $5 a bag like i paid.

I do like to keep a couple of different flavors if you will, but I say do what makes you happy. There are no rules in the kitchen or the bedroom.

When the BBQ apocalypse comes....those with stockpiles will be Q'ing a lot longer than the rest of us. :p

BTW, I really like the Bear Mountain pellets, and Tractor supply always seems to have them at $9.99 for 20lbs.

i don’t think a stock pile like mine is necessary for anyone short of a bbq restraunt. but i would recommend keeping 4-5 bags of pellets on hand if your getting the 40lb bags of pitt boss from walmart. to me the hickory pellets are the most desirable which is why a bought them all.some of the other pellets i will offer to sell to my buddy that’s about to get a 590 for $5 a bag like i paid.
Maybe I should get some more hickory. Walmart as them for 8 bucks a 20 pound bag…pitboss.

I've been in the insurance business for over 30 years. Your pellet stockpile is pretty darn safe compared to some things I have seen go wrong. No wires hanging out of the wall, open flames or oily rags is a good start for your pellet arsenal. Just don't warm your spray paint cans in the oven and all is good. Yep, that one happened and you can guess how it ended.
I think it’s funny you mentioned the spray can, I actually have a friend who burned his truck and almost a clients house because he warmed up a spray can on his engine 🙈

That's a good deal on those Kingsford's. I hope they are at least decent pellets. I started out my RT-700 journey with 720 pounds of RT pellets (200 lb.) and LJ pellets (520 lb.). Three years later I have two 40 lb. LJ supreme bags left, so I need to find another deal myself.

I drove to a Lowe's for a deal on the Kingsford Hickory, but when I arrived they actually wanted $19 for 20 lbs. instead of the advertised $5.99 per bag which got me to drive there to begin with. I bitched and left. It will probably be another couple of years before I try another Lowes store again. Those stores are terrible to shop in with hardly anything price marked. I can't stand that.

I have an Ace, Dicks, and Tractor supply within a few minutes of my house. They all carry either Traeger, Bear Mountain or Lumberjack pellets. :)

I have no need to stock up that much. I usually keep about 40lbs of Oak, Hickory, Pecan, etc. on hand. My Traeger had a chute to empty the pellets, so it was easy to switch between flavors. The Bull.....I think I am going to find a good universal, and just use those from here on out as there is no easy way to empty the hopper.
I use a shop vac. Clean it out and vac the pellets out of the hopper. You can then empty the vac to save the pellets. I switch pellet types regularly.. I prefer Bear Mountain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back